Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    loves_daddy1 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2006, 04:54 PM
    I've always had perfect skin what happened?
    I have always had perfect skin but now that I am turning 15 I am starting t get acne and stuff but I don't want to get rid of wearing make-up how will I get by I don't know anyone have any advice on how to help me?
    ndx Posts: 79, Reputation: 21

Aug 3, 2006, 06:32 PM
    Wash your face with antibacterial soap, like...

And drink plently of water so that toxins, and your sweat will be dilluted, and not cause your poors to clog up quite as much. Keep you face clean, it will help in the future!

Other than that, you have to just finish the ride that is puperty! It sucks.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Aug 7, 2006, 06:23 PM
    Nearly 90% of teenagers experience some form of acne, so if you are going through this stage in your life, keep in mind you are not alone.

Acne or Pimples appear at the time of hormonal changes when young girls and boys mature from childhood to adolescence. This time better known as puberty is when androgen in both males and females cause the sebaceous glands to enlarge production primarily in the face, neck, chest, and back (back acne). Sebum is an oily substance that is produced by the sebaceous gland and emptied into the hair follicles. The oily substance eventually reaches the surface of the skin where it mixes with dead skin cells, bacteria, and white blood cells to form whiteheads, blackheads, nodules, or cysts (teenage acne).

The best types of cosmetics to use for oily, or acne prone skin are either oil-free cosmetics, or non-comedogenic cosmetics. Oil-free cosmetics mean products that contain little or no ingredients such as isopropyl myristate, isopropyl esters, oleic acid, stearic acid, petrolatum and lanolin (especially acetylated lanolin, alcohol's and lanolin fatty acids). Also avoid cleansers containing a high percentage of alcohol and drying ingredients. Use only a gentle cleansing lotion to remove your makeup your makeup. By using only products that are tested to be non-comedogenic (will not clog pores).

Acne treatments target the various causes of acne. They're often used in combination. These acne treatments include: Benzoyl Peroxide, Salicylic Acid, Topical Antibiotics, Oral (systemic) antibiotics, Vitamin A derivatives (retinoids), Accutane (oral retinoid).

Studies conducted by dermatologists have found that no matter the popularity, once there is an outbreak, you are treated differently. So it helps to understand how acne is caused and the need to minimize outbreaks. There are many over-the-counter treatments, which are beneficial in easing pain and preventing outbreaks. A dermatologist would be the right person to help you if there is a severe outbreak of acne.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The perfect... [ 19 Answers ]

Handjob. Seriously, need advice on techniques, because it is harder than it looks! Any tips to make him crazy?

Perfect Pegasus [ 2 Answers ]

Has anyone heard of the Perfect Pegasus argument for proving the existence of God? When I took an introductory philosophy class in university, my professor used this argument and attributed it to a particular philosopher. I'd like to read about it again, but it's several years since I took the...

It was perfect until... [ 12 Answers ]

The other night I went out with my boyfriend, his little brother and his mum. We all went to a family get together, my boyfriend drunk a lot and was fairly drunk by the end of the night. We all went back to his mums, where I looked after him, cleaned up his sick, comforted him, hugged him, bathed...

Looking for the Perfect Handcream [ 7 Answers ]

Hello All, I am on a quest to find the perfect handcream. Anybody have a favorite that they might share the name? I cannot stand dry hands and have tubes all over the place. Thank you.

View more questions Search