Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lrwilkins Posts: 48, Reputation: 2

Nov 26, 2008, 03:44 PM
    Foot Care
    What is the safest way to get rid of calluses on your feet?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 27, 2008, 04:00 AM
    Hi, Irwilkins!

Are the calluses causing you pain? If not, then it might be best to just leave them alone. The quotes below are from the following site: How to Get Rid of Calluses

Getting rid of calluses, interestingly enough, can actually worsen your health overall, rather than improve it. Why? Because calluses are your body's natural defense against friction and pressure that is being constantly applied to any particular area of your skin.
    In reality, there is no reason to remove calluses or corns unless they are causing you pain.
    A weekly soak and scrub will help to treat and get rid of calluses that have already developed.

For those calluses that are already present, the most common and medically sound treatment is a weekly soak and scrub. This usually involves soaking your feet or hands in a warm vinegar (try 1 cup of apple cider vinegar) and water solution for 10 minutes and then using a pumice stone to scrape away dead skin. If you have particularly sensitive skin or you're diabetic, or you suffer from a circulation problem in your extremities, you should avoid using vinegar and use plain, lukewarm tap water instead. Be patient and don't remove too much calluses at one time.
    I wish for you only the best!

Thanks!
    lrwilkins Posts: 48, Reputation: 2

Nov 30, 2008, 08:55 PM

Wow! I did not know that getting rid of calluses can make things worse. You have provided me with very helpful tips. I just started using apple cider vinegar as home remedy for my cold. I will give it a try. Thanks.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 1, 2008, 03:57 AM
    You're very welcome and thanks, lrwilkins! I learn things all the time here by reading what others have posted and doing research in order to help people.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Foot pain on side of foot [ 33 Answers ]

Was hoping someone could help. I have pain on the outside of my right foot. It is 1/2 way down the foot, it is tender to the touch and makes walking difficult.. Any ideas what it is? Thanks..

Care values of care workers when communicating [ 1 Answers ]

health and social care help :confused: can someone tell me how to promote anti-discrimination to recognise cultural differences to acknowledge service users personal beliefs and identities r care values of care workers when communicating in their day-to-day tasks :confused:

Foot problems from a crush to the foot [ 3 Answers ]

Have a sligt rise on my right foot half way down the front of my foot... higher than it should but when I compare it to my left foot it looks very different.I just had a crush ijury three weeks ago

Foot pain and swelling top cneter portion of my foot [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: The top of my foot is swollen and in pain. Thye took and exray and it showed degenerative changes in my foot? What does that mean? :confused:

Depende care claim from FSA for dependent care [ 1 Answers ]

Dear expert, I started to work in a company from last November. My FSA for dependent care was set up in Feburary( 3 months waiting period from company policy), may I claim the dependent care incurred in January? I worked full time in January in this company. Thank you.

View more questions Search