Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bones1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2007, 08:01 AM
    Paint exterior door
    I have recently painted my exterior door which is a metal plate on a wooden door. Before painting, I striped the old paint, sanded, cleaned, and primed the door. I then used a brush to apply a good latex exterior paint. When the paint dried it looks like it had "water spots" all over the door. I lightly sanded with steele wool and then applied a second coat of paint and the same thing happened. Does anyone have advice to prevent this?
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Jun 9, 2007, 03:46 PM
    When You Cleaned The Door , Apparently There Was Still Some Residue From The Cleaner Or Striper.

Or The Paint U Used Wasn't Mixed Enough.
    ThomasCKeat Posts: 157, Reputation: 12

Jun 12, 2007, 07:06 PM
    I would not use a latex (water based) paint on any metal. My choice would have been a primer coat of good quality rust inhibitor (oil based Rustoleum) Then several coats of oil based enamel for this door and it should last for years

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Exterior Paint colour [ 1 Answers ]

We have a red brick house, the garage, front door and window trim is white. We want to paint the garage and front door a different colour can you suggest a few colours-I want the garage a different colour than the front door.

Millikin Door Kit needed in order to install storm door [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I have a Milliken (may be mis-spelled) exterior door with two side light panels on both sides. I have purchased a Larson Storm Door for the front door. There is not enough depth between the two doors when measuring them - therefore I need to build the front door frame out. I need to know...

MayTag freezer door opens when refrigerator door is closed [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm new here. I have a 9 year old Maytag refrigerator with a freezer on top. Recently whenever I close the refrigerator I notice that the freezer door pops open. I looked at the seals around it but can't see anything wrong. I did notice that I can simply tap on the door and it will...

Exterior paint jobs - cost? [ 3 Answers ]

I want to paint the outside of my house and I got a quote from someone in town and I'm a little sketical about the cost. It's a one story, 1400 foot house in San Diego with stucco. The quote I got to power wash, paint the house and paint the trim is $2000. Does this sound right? Seems low to me...

View more questions Search