Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ccraft4 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2007, 11:21 AM
    How to find out how old are appliances?
    Hello I have serial number and model number and I was wondering how can I do a search to see how old are appliances, like washer, dryers, refrigerators, etc? If anyone know how you go about doing that please let me know. Thanks in advance! :)
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2007, 04:25 PM
    You might find something on the following site helpful to you.

Appliances and HVAC - Helpcenter - Appliance Age - Appliance Factory Parts
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2007, 06:05 PM
    Different companies have different methods of listing the manufacture date. Some companies use the first four numbers of the serial number to show the week and year of manufacture, such as 2507 would indicate the 25 week of 2007, others use a letter and the first two numbers such as 3 07 would indicate March 07. Others don, not have a easy readable way but they do publish info for their dealers.
    candykitten70 Posts: 34, Reputation: 5

Jul 15, 2007, 08:12 AM
    What brand are the appliances, and how old are they?
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2007, 12:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by candykitten70
    what brand are the appliances, and how old are they?
    Hello ! Surely you are not a blonde. The question is how to find out the age of an appliance. Ha ha
    canadianhotbox Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Jul 16, 2007, 01:38 AM
    Why not just call the company that made the product, if they are still around.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Faulty Gas Appliances Warning. [ 1 Answers ]

From http://www.dmu.ac.uk/study/student_services/accommodation/safety_home.jsp The site is for students, but the advice is universal. Gas Safety There are two risks associated with faulty gas appliances, leaking gas and carbon monoxide poisoning. A gas leak should be detectable by the...

Appliances frigidaire dryer [ 1 Answers ]

I have a upright washer and dryer frigidaire model number fex831csa and I need to check the thermal limiter and I can't get the back off... my dryer won't start

Shocks from appliances [ 6 Answers ]

Whenever I use the receptacles in the garage it seems any metal tool etc will produce a minor shock. What causes this an how can I fix it?

Appliances for overseas [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to buy an Electrical Range (Oven) and an Electrical Dryer to send them over to Romania. In the Range book, it said single phase 120V/240V. Over there, there is 220V. Can I install them? What do I need to do to make them work? As I understand, here the appliances have two hot wires...

View more questions Search