Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mcram Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2007, 05:29 AM
    Diabetes condition
    HI, I have been dealing with this condition for about 8 years
    Sometime my sugar number are hi ,mid -to o.k range 180 , 140 , 123
    I would like to know what else can help this condition except more medicine.
    Now I take a pill 2 times a day.. I'm trying to avoid the shots
    Any herd or remdi that really work to lower numbers
    Please help..
    Thanks
    Mcram
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 7, 2007, 06:22 AM
    You are confusing. The numbers you show are more like blood pressure readings then glucose readings. Do you test your blood in the morning before eating with a glucometer? And if you do, what does it show? The rule of thumb is 7 and lower before eating and after eating 8 and over, but never ever as high as l3 or l4. My readings are exactly on target and drop down to 4 or 5 in late afternoon before supper. I have a small snack at times mid morning.

If you are on two pills a day then that is a high dose. I am on l/2 Metformin twice a day; having it reduced from 3 halves a day. I have blood work done every 6 months now.

You must visit your doctor at least twice a year or more if necessary if you are not sure where you are going with the diabetes. No one wants to be insulin dependent and the only way you can avoid that is proper diet and medication and constant monitoring of your condition.

There is no home remedy for diabetes and the ultimate outcome is kidney failure if left unattended. Be safe, not sorry, okay.
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Jun 10, 2007, 09:01 PM
    Mcram:

check out the ada website

medications / insulin are just part of the equation

of equal importance is eating a healthy / diabetic diet,
    keeping aerobically active,
    and maintaining an ideal body weight. BMI < 26.

Grace and Peace
    GrahamC Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Jun 11, 2007, 04:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mcram
    HI, I have been dealing with this condition for about 8 years
    sometime my sugar number are hi ,mid -to o.k range 180 , 140 , 123
    I would like to know what else can help this condition except more medicine.
    Now I take a pill 2 times a day ..I'm trying to avoid the shots
    any herd or remdi that really work to lower numbers
    please help..
    Thanks
    Mcram
    Tickle, his readings are for the American mesurement for diabetes which is between 80 - 140mmls, where as English and probably canadian is measured between 4 and 7.

Inthebox is right, your medication is only part of the whole picture, you need to eat properly, count your carbs for the food you are eating and drinking, excersize regularly to help keep blood sugar low. Cut down on alcohol or change to drink only certain spirits i.e gin, if you really have to. Drink plenty of water, diabetes is a de-hydrating condition so having fluids in the body is very important.

Hope this helps!

Gra

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

He Has Diabetes. [ 1 Answers ]

I've known very few people with diabetes so I did not know much about it. My boyfriend has diabetes and I still have confusion on this disorder. I worry about him a lot since he does wrestling and he often has to cut weight. He tries not to eat so much because of it which I understand can be...

Diabetes [ 2 Answers ]

I just had a bloodt test for diabetes and my doctor wants to see me again as it was a bit high, I have been told to stay awat from sweet things and carbos by another diabetic that I know, I was wondering if there is a possibility as after a meal with carbos in I am ill, usually my stomach, it plays...

Help With Diabetes [ 5 Answers ]

What would you recommend as a herbal help for controlling diabetes?

Diabetes [ 2 Answers ]

My father has diabetes and wants some home made fudge... I make the fantasy fudge by kraft and have all the ingredients I have exchanged the sugar for splenda, I found some sugar free marshmallow dip (hope it works:o ) the only thing that Im not sure is instead of the semi sweet chocolate chips I...

Diabetes symptoms? [ 4 Answers ]

I had gestational diabetes in my second pregnancy in 2004 and was told that I am at a high risk of developing diabetes mellitus later on. For the past month or so, I have been urinating more than usual, been extremely hungry and thirsty, sleepier than usual, my eyes have been sore and my vision...

View more questions Search