Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nickipottersean Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2007, 04:34 AM
    Ouch or not so bad
    I'm 16 and I just got married and now I go to the docters and I'm going to my first geno for a check up down there and wanted to know if it hurt or if it was nothing to worrie about and please no stories unless there helpful (but the truth on does it hurt or not):confused: :confused:
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2007, 04:41 AM
    No, it is not going to hurt. It may be uncomfortable but it is not going to be painful.

See the following:
    TeenHealthFX - Answers - Sexually Active & Wondering About A Gyn
    bekah876 Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Jun 4, 2007, 12:30 PM
    No, it doesn't hurt. I had to go for my first time when I was 15 because of health issues. My doctor knew it was my first time and she was wonderful. Yes, it is a little uncomfortable and awkward (since you have your legs wide open in front of a stranger) but it really isn't bad at all. Let your doctor know you are nervous and he/she will probably explain to you what they are doing before they do it to set your nerves at ease. You have nothing to worry about.
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2007, 01:25 PM
    No it isn't painful, just a little weird. I like to close my eyes and just picture someplace nicer... lol... like the beach.
    VenusSky1979 Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Jun 4, 2007, 05:22 PM
    It's more uncomfortable than painful. The utensils they use are sometimes cold and are slightly shocking to your body's temperature but if you are prepared and the GYNO is a good one, then he or she will inform you of what they are doing and all will be fine! Good luck!
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2007, 05:43 PM
    To avoid pain just relax
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2007, 08:05 PM
    Yeah, the best thing to do is relax. If you build it up in your head that it is going to be awful - then it will be.
    Normally, what will happen is this -
    They will call you back to the exam room, with a stop off to get your weight and sometimes your height, you will go to the room and the nurse will ask you questions. Once that is done, you will be given a gown to put on. Everything off underneath. You sit on the table and wait for the doctor. When he/she arrives (with a nurse) and finishes with the "hellos" they will have you lay back or sit up (depending on the dr.) and do a breast exam - not painful, just awkward. Then you will be asked to scoot down the table with your feet up in the stirups. They will check your ovaries and then do the pap smear. Again, if you relax it should not be painful - just awkward.
    And then the dr. and nurse leave and you get dressed and go home.
    It's just one of those things that, as a woman, you must endure to make sure you are healthy. If you have questions, don't be afraid to ask - that is what the dr. is there for.
    Good Luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ouch pain coming from behind ear [ 1 Answers ]

I'm very sick... with either the mumps which is going around the universities in my city or Scarlet Fever. The doc thinks it's Scarlet Fever from a missed case of strep throat I had a bit ago. I get my blood test results soon. Enough with the history... I have a very small bump behind my ear which...

Ouch!my dog has fleas! [ 8 Answers ]

Hello I am new to the forum. I have a mini dashaund that has gotten fleas. I have tried everything to get rid of them! I have used Dawn on him, flea shampoo, dips, drops on the back stuff! This puppy is miserable! Does any one know what to do to get rid of them? He seems to have dry skin also,...

BAD SMELL I have a very bad smell coming from my toilet [ 3 Answers ]

I live on a slab, older house & have a horrible smell coming from one of my bathrooms, also there are nats flying out of my shower drain. Do you have any idea on what this could be... I really don't have the money for a plumber... please let me know any suggestions... Thank You :confused: ...

Bad luck, bad karma, or bad self-esteem? [ 5 Answers ]

I recently heard once again a comment I've heard many, MANY times over the past several years: "You and your husband have worse luck than anyone else I know!" and I have one question: "Why is that?" You see, just about the time we get to the point we can manage to keep up on all our monthly...

Ouch! That Hurts [ 1 Answers ]

Went to Lowe's today to do some shopping, saw a roll of 12/2 going for $97 dollars. Glad most of my wiring projects are near complete. Anybody else run into this.

View more questions Search