Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lfsanek Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2007, 06:51 PM
    Supervior and Shop Superintendent Stealing from Company
    Started job past February, I answer only to the VP G/M -I am a salaried employee sharing an office with the Shop Superintendent - he is doctoring his time card for overtime, changing the time clock, having shop personnel build personal items for him, and he is related to the VP General Mgr. A rock and hard place to be-here is what is happening. The machinists on the floor know what the Shop Sup is doing, they have taken it to the VP Gen Mgr. Nothing happens. Now they are coming to me. The company is owned privately by one man and his two sisters and they live in SC and TX and visit randomly. The machinists on the floor are currently not getting a full 40 hour work week. The lack of business is due to the Shop Superintendent lying to customers - over and over again and customers know he is lying therefore business is being lost. Now the machinsts are looking to me for answers and I need advice. The VP General Mgr knows this is going on and he knows I am starting to be aware of it all. This is a Florida situation, and any helpful advice will be most appreciated. They want to tell the owner how do we do that?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 3, 2007, 08:02 PM
    Ok, what is your position with the company are you over the Superintendent, if you are his boss, then this is your problem, if you are not his boss, this is the VP GM problem.

If you are his boss, what authority does the company give you, can you issue him a warning ? Can you suspend him? If you are his boss and you have the authority to do something, why have you not done somehting, if you have not done something this is your problem now.

If you are not his boss, call up the VP GM and report it. Then if the VP GM does not do anything this is all you really can do
    wags Posts: 80, Reputation: 4

Jul 26, 2007, 10:07 PM
    I would figure a way to let the owners know what is happening. Even perhaps one of the lost customers could write to the owners and let them know why they will no longer be dealing with this company. The owners are the ones paying your pay, they have a right to know. If they do nothing about it, then you have done what you can, but it sounds like you may be looking for a new job anyway, if they keep losing business.

Good Luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Company Introduction Letter (B2B) for a HR services outsourcing company [ 10 Answers ]

How can I make a good company Introduction letter (B2B), for a HR outsourcing company? Please help me out with any free samples.

Stealing [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter is 21 she was a good kid I have found out she has been stealing money from my sister she is not on drugs and knows she can ask me for money and I never turn her down she has been lying about a lot of things and I don't know what to do I told her to leave my house and she has...

I cannot stop stealing [ 3 Answers ]

It started about two years ago, a year after my mom left our family without one word of leaving. My dad was in debt, and I never got spending money. I was okay though and for a while I dealt with it. Somewhere down the line, I brought myself to believe that I deserved good things, I deserved pretty...

Stealing water [ 7 Answers ]

I have a rental in a home I own in Fl brevard county to be exact is there anything I can do about a tenant who is behind on their rent and not to mention I have water utility bill in my name still which they were supposed to have transferred to their name I also notified water company and Im not...

Stealing [ 3 Answers ]

Does the on-site manager of an apartment complex have the legal right to move my property without giving notice that the property is in the way of other tenants? Can they legally CUT A LOCK to move a bicycle when I was never notified that such action would be taking place? I am the one with the...

View more questions Search