Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DocWill Posts: 239, Reputation: 40

Jun 3, 2007, 06:42 PM
    Yeah labman I do, but that was about food, this is much better.
    Jessyfay Posts: 164, Reputation: 4

Jun 4, 2007, 06:16 PM
    Thanks for all the support :)

Yes we have been together for 5 years and I recently got my dog about a year ago. He is a "cat person" I am an animal person I love all animals, I'm a vegitarian for pete's sake.
    Anyway... Yes he hates my dog to the point where if my dog does something that pisses him off, like getting into the garbage when I'm not home. He'll beat the poor guy up. I've seen him choke my dog because my dog made an accident in our home.
    His cats have peed on my dirty laundry sometimes and I never got angry.
    I don't understand why he doesn't accept my dog as part of me.

What really bothers me is that he yells and calls my dog horrible names, my dog is so terrified that he submissive pees and than he kicks him for peeing in the house. He's building a fear in my dog from all men. I'm scared that I'm going to come home and find him dead.

I don't know what to do. I want to leave, but we have a daughter together and I love him still.
    I just wish there was a way for him to accept my dog. I'm putting my dog in obiedince boarding school for a week and hope it will grow his self esteem and build confindence. Hopfully when he sees my dog as a good well behave dog like I do than he'll accept him.

Jun 4, 2007, 06:19 PM
    I think my dog on some level doesn't like him because when were out of the house and he didn't put him in his kennel. He has only pooed and peed and chewed his stuff. He's peed on his pilliow when he was a pup, Pooped in his car, never in mine. And pooped in his shoes. I think it's amusing, that's revenge for yah. :)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 4, 2007, 06:21 PM
    This is a total no brainer...

Dogs are loyal

This male is not

Keep the dog, he's so cute anyway, he may just find you a REAL man!!
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2007, 06:53 PM
    Does your boyfriend do this to either you or your daughter? Is he verbally, emotionally, or physically abusive with you at all? If he is, you need to get yourself, your daughter, and your dog, out of that house. Now.

If, for whatever reason you can't leave, you need to find another home for your dog. Please Jessyfay. It is not normal behavior for a person to choke or kick a little tiny dog. You know this. You also know that what he is doing is illegal.

Jessy, this just doesn't make sense to me. Here on this website you beat people up verbally & defend the rights of all animals here. That dog is so small, tiny, and helpless. I don't understand how can you let this happen Jessy. It is very important for you to understand that if you are afraid that you will find him dead one day, then I can guarantee you that, if you don't get him out of that house, you will. I see this stuff all the time. People don't believe it can happen to them. Isn't this making your heart break for him Jessy? It is making mine break. You do work with rescues Jessy. You know that what your boyfriend is doing is illegal. Put yourself in the position of being on the outside looking in. What if you came across one of your neighbors doing this to their dog? What would you do? I KNOW that you would call the police or animal control. I KNOW that you would do everything possible to take the dog or cat out of their house. You have seen the result of cats being abused. How can you not see this? Please, please, please, get that poor dog out of that house now! Unless you have decided to split from your boyfriend, find a friend who can take your dog, or surrender him to a shelter. This all explains a lot as to why you have been having so much trouble with your dog. This is not going to get better or disappear on it's own. If your dog dies as a result of your boyfriend's abuse, that is a chargeable offense and the man can go to jail. Please, give this dog a chance at a having a normal life.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2007, 08:41 PM
    This is way beyond dogs where I claim to have a clue. I am thinking of transferring it to relationships or something. What are we 20-0 on dumping him?
    MrsLoha Posts: 3, Reputation: 4

Jun 4, 2007, 09:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessyfay
    It has come down to this.

I don't want to get rid of my dog, but my boyfriend hate him and told me the dog leaves or he leaves. Hmmm what would you do?

PS. I'm not going to get rid of my dog.....could you?
    My Favorite quote of ALL TIME is: "Whoever said you cannot buy love, forgot about puppies" (or dogs) But I do not know who originally said it! Get rid of the boyfriend. Find a REAL MAN! Someone who likes dogs too! Anybody who wants to make you get rid of something/someone you love has the potential to be an abuser! KICK HIM TO THE CURB! And let him know why!
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2007, 10:46 PM
    Jessefay I have been looking at all of your post regarding this little doxie. Please I beg you to please give this dog up it is not right for you or your family. I will try to help you find a rescue group for it. Just maybe you all need cat's maybe you are just cat people. I know in your heart that you are frustrated with the dog , but for this poor little creature do the right thing and find him a home with a rescue that can handle his "problematic" behavior . You rescued him from that horrible pet store, now let someone who is has the experience and time to help him give him a chance . You have done all you can for this dog. Be a hero and give him to a rescue
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2007, 11:34 PM
    Jessefay you need to ask yourself Do I love my boyfriend of 5 years and the father of my child more than I love this dog. Many people will help you find a good place for your dog if you choose your boyfriend. It is up to you to decide, sounds like your boyfriend has already made his mind up, he just can not share his life with this dog.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2007, 03:21 AM
    While it is true you have struggled with the dog, I thought you made progress with it with help from Rubypitbull and I. In my initial post to this thread, I talked about finding a boyfriend you could make a long term commitment to, not realizing you had already been with him 5 years and bore a daughter. You haven't found the right one.

Jun 5, 2007, 09:42 AM
    I'm not giving up my dog, I love him too much and he's my companion, I take him everywhere. He makes me feel whole and happy. My daughter loves him dearly and they play together every day. He helps me find time out of my busy schedule to enjoy life, enjoy my daughter and be happy. The dog is not the problem here, the angry man is.
    There is no way I'm letting go of that and even to suggest it tears me up inside. My dog is not only a pet but is my friend.
    No my boyfriend doesn't hit me, it's not like that. He just really really really hates my dog. I have made a stand and told him he either learns to tolerate and live with the dog or he's not living with me.
    I am currently looking for an apartment as back up.

Bushg - I find you insulting to even suggest to get rid of my dog.
    Chicklet Posts: 35, Reputation: 10

Jun 5, 2007, 09:54 AM
    Wow, This is way more then I first read,
    I ain't going to beat around this Bush!
    Jessyfay your as bad, if not worse then this man you married,

Your CONDONING it by allowing it to continue,
    Wheres YOUR BRAIN!
    If you gave a chit about this Dog as you so call claim,
    You would have got to the poor thing out a long time ago.

Sorry but I don't feel bad for people who sat by and does nothing,
    I feel sorry for the innocent victim you refuse to protect!

It's His Life that's going to pay the ultimate price!
    You said it yourself, (coming home and finding him dead!)

Stop being greedy & thinking of yourself, think of the VICTIM here!

The same goes for this Topic, You knew you was going to do nothing when you posted it,
    You was thinking of yourself, Pity , Pity, poor you,
    You never intended on taking any of this advice given,

You won't give your dog up, And you love your man,
    Guess the Dog has to pay for mum not having a heart big enough to sacrifice her own hurt in order to save HIS LIFE!
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2007, 10:12 AM
    I would get rid of the jerk, I personally have 6 six, and they are all part of the family.

Jun 5, 2007, 10:17 AM
    If someone stepped in my house and kicked one of my dogs or whatever else, Husband or not,
    It sure as hell wouldn't take me a yr, week, Day or a stupid topic to know what the hell I'd do!

Sorry but I despise people who hurt innocent animals and those that sit by and DO NOTHING to stop it!
    1 minute more can be 1 minute to late!
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2007, 10:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RubyPitbull
    Does your boyfriend do this to either you or your daughter? Is he verbally, emotionally, or physically abusive with you at all? If he is, you need to get yourself, your daughter, and your dog, out of that house. Now.

If, for whatever reason you can't leave, you need to find another home for your dog. Please Jessyfay. It is not normal behavior for a person to choke or kick a little tiny dog. You know this. You also know that what he is doing is illegal.

Jessy, this just doesn't make sense to me. Here on this website you beat people up verbally & defend the rights of all animals here. That dog is so small, tiny, and helpless. I don't understand how can you let this happen Jessy. It is very important for you to understand that if you are afraid that you will find him dead one day, then I can guarantee you that, if you don't get him out of that house, you will. I see this stuff all the time. People don't believe it can happen to them. Isn't this making your heart break for him Jessy? It is making mine break. You do work with rescues Jessy. You know that what your boyfriend is doing is illegal. Put yourself in the position of being on the outside looking in. What if you came across one of your neighbors doing this to their dog? What would you do? I KNOW that you would call the police or animal control. I KNOW that you would do everything possible to take the dog or cat out of their house. You have seen the result of cats being abused. How can you not see this? Please, please, please, get that poor dog out of that house now! Unless you have decided to split from your boyfriend, find a friend who can take your dog, or surrender him to a shelter. This all explains a lot as to why you have been having so much trouble with your dog. This is not going to get better or disappear on it's own. If your dog dies as a result of your boyfriend's abuse, that is a chargeable offense and the man can go to jail. Please, give this dog a chance at a having a normal life.
    Have to spread the love Ruby. But I completely agree. I would say keep the dog but lose the guy, unless you are not ready to lose the guy. In that case KEEP THE DOG safe!! Dogs are like children, they need protection... protect him. Heck send him my way!

Jun 5, 2007, 02:04 PM
    You can't give the Dog to someone else,
    I'm not giving up my dog,
    But you can let him Die at your husbands hands!
    Guess then you'll have no choice but give him up,

CRUEL, CRUEL,
    Talk about Cruelty, you take the cake!
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2007, 03:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessyfay
    I'm not giving up my dog, I love him to much and he's my companion, I take him everywhere. He makes me feel whole and happy. My daughter loves him dearly and they play together every day. He helps me find time out of my busy schedule to enjoy life, enjoy my daughter and be happy. The dog is not the problem here, the angry man is.
    There is no way I'm letting go of that and even to suggest it tears me up inside. My dog is not only a pet but is my friend.
    No my bf doesn't hit me, it's not like that. He just really really really hates my dog. I have made a stand and told him he either learns to tolerate and live with the dog or he's not living with me.
    I am currently looking for an apartment as back up.

Bushg - I find you insulting to even suggest to get rid of my dog.
    Jessefay listen at yourself all you keep saying is what your dog does for you. What do you do for your dog that is what I want to know? You let some man beat him , he peeps and poops out of fear, you let him get choked and kicked and hit and smacked till your afraid that he will end up dead. I repeat what do you do for your dog? Do him a favor and give him to a shelter where they can help him get over some of the abuse that your family has done to him I have a number for you if you will take it. Stop being selfish and do what is right by him.
    Ladyviper Posts: 221, Reputation: 36

Jun 5, 2007, 05:12 PM
    Okay, people are getting a little irritated by this post now. How about we lay it out on the table for you.

Animal cruelty is punishable by law, by watching and letting it happen it makes you just as guilty as doing the crime. If you truly care about the dog, you will find a shelter or a family member to take him until you can figure out how to get out. It is best for the dog and your child. You don't want your baby to see a dog beat to death in front of her eyes one day, and you do not want to witness that yourself.

You would not even be asking this question if you did not seek validation for wanting to get out of the relationship. If this man can hurt an animal that you care about, how long will it be before he is laying his hands on you or your child? If he loved you at all, he would not treat your dog that way. I know for a fact, my husband does not particularly care for animals, yet we all peacefully co-exist. He loves me and my children, and now my pets too. He would never hurt them, because that would hurt me.

You act as though the dog is more important than him, yet you watch as this happens to him. You need to get your priorities straight and decide what you want to do, but you need to get the dog out ASAP.
    catsandkittensandmittens Posts: 31, Reputation: 5

Jun 5, 2007, 08:48 PM
    Comment on DocWill's post
    Very sweet you mum must be proud.
    catsandkittensandmittens Posts: 31, Reputation: 5

Jun 5, 2007, 09:45 PM
    I know that I am new here but you all seem to be awfully hard on this lady. Give her a chance to do what is right. Everybody deserves a chance. I am sure that she protects it the best that she can.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can't Decide. [ 7 Answers ]

Ever since I was a child I've wanted to be a veterinarian. I currently work in a vet clinic as a Veterinarian Technician. I love my job I love what I do. For the past few years I've also thought about being a forensic scientist or a Crime scene investigator. I don't really know if I want to be a...

My boyfriend wants to take a week to decide if he wants to be in the relationship [ 10 Answers ]

My boyfriend of a little over 2 years has decided he wants at least a week without talking to me to decide if he wants to be in the relationship or not. We had a big fight and he told me this. I have called and talked to him a few times about pertinent stuff in our lives but then I start in about...

How old does the child have to be to decide? [ 4 Answers ]

If a grandparent has been granted visitation rights for an 8 year old child by the court in Wisconsin? Does the child have the option not go with the grandparent during the designated visitation date and time.

Can't decide! [ 7 Answers ]

I am really really stuck!I'm trying to decide if I should try out for my middle school cheerleading squad,this is the last year that I can.I really like cheerleading, but I'm up against 6 other girls!! 3 are loved by all ,and good,and then one I know will make it because she is really good!! The...

I need help to decide [ 9 Answers ]

My boyfriend just moved away from Pennsylvania to Nebraska but I am stuck here. I don't know if we should stay together and have a long distance relationship or break-up. What should I do? Signed :confused:

View more questions Search