Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MaudOfNorway Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2007, 04:46 PM
    Gas Water Heater - Thermocouple replacement
    Specifically - I have a State Industries, Inc. Censible 510 Model PRV 50 PBRT6 F 50 gallon gas water heater dated 1991 (S/N E93760685) and I want to replace the thermocouple.

Usually, a thermocouple simply slides in/out or has a screw base to hold it in place - this one does not or at least I cannot see any way to remove it.

I cannot find a service manual anywhere on the web and a phone conversation with Tech Support at State Industries did not help - the person did not have the manual or didn't bother trying to find one and they also gave me the standard answer of "it should simply slide out," which of course it doesn't.

Anyone have any suggestions - other than call a plumber?

Thanks,
    Ray

Check out some similar questions!

Gas water heater pressure release valve leaking water [ 14 Answers ]

Hello all, I have a slight issue with my gas water heater. It's a AO Smith 32.75 gallon type. All of a sudden, water is coming out of the relief valve pipe. I have placed a coffee can there, and I have to empty it out every few hours now. Im not sure where to turn for this one, as I have...

Gas water heater [ 1 Answers ]

I can get the pilot light to work , but as soon as I go to turn the dial to on its like the pilot light gets blown out. Then I have to wait for a while before I can even light the pilot again.help!!

Gas Hot Water Heater runs out of water [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 2 year old Gas Hot Water Heater in my house 50 gallon I believe. It runs out of water after about 5 minutes and the water does not seem as hot as it should be (It's turned to 3 on a max scale of 4 on the heater). The pilot light is on. Can you tell me what might cause the hot water to...

Thermocouple on Old Carrier Gas furnace [ 5 Answers ]

If the thermocouple is defective, could you light the pilot and it and the burner would stay lit? How do you know it is defective? Would the defect be visible? If so, could you tell me What it would look like? The heater is 20+ years old. I have never had ONE problem with it, until I had it...

Gas water heater & gas dryer [ 4 Answers ]

I just moved into an duplex and purchased a gas dryer in excellent condition from a local thrift store. My trouble is, I don't see anywhere to hook the gas line (from the dryer up). It looks like there is just an electrical outlet. Can someone help? Isn't there some kind of two prong gas line...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.