Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mistyb4u Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2007, 05:41 PM
    Bowel nerve damage in dogs after car crash.
    My question is should it be a concern that my dog hasn't had a stool since she got hit by a car four days ago. She has broken left femur, fractured pelvis and dislocated left hip. She had surgery on the hip to put into place. Is urinating. Not eating. Drinking. On pain meds and antibiotics. She was given two enemas today to try to get things moving.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2007, 05:44 PM
    All the drugs to knock her out and pain meds are slowing down her system. Giver her some time
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

May 31, 2007, 07:23 PM
    Since she is under a vets care, keep in touch with the vet. Nobody here can give you a better answer.
    pawsdogdaycare Posts: 92, Reputation: 5
    -

Jun 1, 2007, 04:44 AM
    Just an observation, you said in the post that she is not eating.. this would more than likely be on cause for her inability to eliminate.. as there is nothing to eliminate...
    MrPippin Posts: 87, Reputation: 17
    -

Jun 1, 2007, 06:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mistyb4u
    My question is should it be a concern that my dog hasn't had a stool since she got hit by a car four days ago. She has broken left femur, fractured pelvis and dislocated left hip. She had surgery on the hip to put into place. Is urinating. Not eating. Drinking. On pain meds and antibiotics. She was given two enemas today to try to get things moving.
    All of the above answers is correct. The pain medicines can cause constipation. Keep your vet advised of any bowel movements or lack of. Also advise your vet that your dog is not eating. You may need to get the dog some nutrition via a feeding tube or IV if it continues to not eat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Car damage after redeeming a repo [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, My car was repo'd Thursday and I went to redeem it today. When I brought the car to the car wash I looked at my front bumper and found that it was totally damaged and cracked. It is enough damage that I need a whole new front bumper. I called the place where it was but they already...

Damage on my car. [ 3 Answers ]

I live in a cottage that has a parking space and garage in the back of the lot. I have two cars and I usually park one in my parking space and one in the street. About one month ago, the weather was really windy. My neighbor's garage door lock somehow came undone and the garage doors were...

Salt pellet damage to car from salt truck [ 2 Answers ]

Re: Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT). My car was pelted by salt pellets being sprayed on the Kennedy Expy. Near Chicago. The pavement was totally dry thus causing the pellets to fly into my car which was traveling at 55 mph, damaging the hood and fenders extensively to the tune of over...

Damage to city property due to car accident [ 1 Answers ]

In December of 2003, while driving, I got into a car accident. My back tires hit a patch of ice, and I swerved into the oncoming traffic, so I reacted quickly and wound up jumping a curb, sliding across a fence, and then the car stopped. The fence (chain link) had some minor damage, and my car was...

View more questions Search