Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brownsuga88 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2007, 10:04 PM
    What to do about dark underarms!
    All right so I've gone through most of the posts and topics about dark underams... and I don't know who to trust or what to order? Most people are saying the ones who are pormoting amira or godiva are just people who are trying to sell the creams.. its just a hoax to get us to buy their products so what should I doo? My underarms are dark and I just want them lightened I also have a few stretch marks on my knees which I want gone.. honestly someone who isn't 't going to benefit from this.. what should I do or try?
    BartsDiamond Posts: 33, Reputation: 2
    -

Dec 20, 2007, 10:09 AM
    There are something's that you can use that can lighten the skin under your arms that are not expensive creams or gimmicks or hoaxes. Something that you can do is shave your under arms. After you do that you can exfoliate under them with a GENTLE scrub. This will slew away all the dead skin cells. Then get some 100% cocoa butter (usually in the form of a stick) and rub it into your skin. The stick costs $1.00 and it hard but when it comes in contact with your skin it will become lotion like. This will help with lightening the area. There is also and aloe vera stick which is also in a 100% form. This is said to help in reducing scarring but I am not positive that it will lighten skin. There are also skin lighters... usually for elbows and knees... I don't know if it will work on underarms since this is considered a "delicate" area. Do not use skin bleaching creams as they may damage your skin even further. As for stretch marks I use Barmon and you can get it on eBay for cheap. It worked for me, but everyone's skin is different. Hope this helps!
    litelegs Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2008, 09:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by brownsuga88
    alright so ive gone thru most of the posts and topics about dark underams... and i dunno who to trust or what to order?? most ppl are saying the ones who are pormoting amira or godiva are just ppl who are tryin to sell the creams.. its just a hoax to get us to buy their products so what should i doo? my underarms are dark and i just want them lightened i also have a few stretch marks on my knees which i want gone.. honestly someone who isn 't going to benefit from this.. what should i do or try?
    I also had a dark marks on my underarms. Now it's clear and smooth. I got rid of it by switching to waxing, using a lofa and switched to dove. No bleaching or drugs needed. Only draw back if your'e looking for a quick fix.. it won't be. It took about three weeks to see a difference. Good luck.
    no1brownsugar Posts: 60, Reputation: 4

Jan 19, 2008, 11:05 AM
    That's quick enough isn't it?
    The advice is really good here :)

Jan 21, 2008, 07:24 PM
    Remember to be consistent with it OK :) Oh and try to avoid tight shirts especially near the dark area. Skin needs to breath. Hope it helps.
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

Jan 22, 2008, 06:34 AM
    Where can I get cocoa butter sticks from? I'm in the UK. :)

Jan 22, 2008, 04:02 PM
    I've actually only seen them in the US (any pharmacy). However, I've asked my brother who lives in London and he said Kelkoo has a version of the stick. I did a check online for you and

Type in Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Swivel Stick

Online shopping for black hair care and black skin care products. Roots & Sculpture. - For 2.99 (pounds)

MultiPharmacy UK based online pharmacy carries it. It's 2.79 (pounds)

Palmers Skin Care - It's 2.95

Hope these sites help you.

Jan 24, 2008, 12:15 PM
    No problem:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dark UnderArms [ 1 Answers ]

Hello experts, Greetings of peace ang justice, Hello there buddy, hope you can solve my problem about my dark underarms, I have a dark underarms since I used skin white at the same time as my deodorant, I am very conscious when I wear sleeveless.. Can you give the natrural way of...

Dark underarms [ 56 Answers ]

I have dark underarms :mad: and we are going to have this party at school, then I am sure I am not going to wear that sleeve less dresses BUT I suddenly became part of the program and w have to present a dance number and we have to wear YEAH the sleeve less shirt! well, it wasn't suppose to be a...

Dark underarms [ 2 Answers ]

I used a product called certain dry about a year ago. And since then I've had problems with my underarms. The first day I used the product it seemed to work but then it irritated me so bad that it made them red and are now black. I figured that with time they would heal but no luck. Now that I...

Dark underarms [ 1 Answers ]

Dude,I got to meet my boyfriend after a month and I've discovered that my underarms have gotten really dark,n it luks real odd because I'm supposed to be fair,plzzzz tell me how lighten the skin back 2 its original colour and please dunt suggest methods that ache baaaddd

View more questions Search