Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eaglesclaw121 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2007, 03:58 PM
    New Heat Pump/Air Handler
    We live in a 3 level, small single family house. We are replacing our heat pump and air handler -
    We want to know if a 2.5 ton unit (either in or out) can be paired with a 2 ton unit. Do they both have to be the same amount of tons?
    JackT Posts: 260, Reputation: 19

May 30, 2007, 04:14 PM
    Depending on the manufacture, you can usually make it work. You may have to adjust the blower speed to increase or decrease the cfm. To be safe you should check the specifications to see if they will match up. With a 3 level house I would guess that you need at least a 2.5 ton unit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water leak from air conditioner air handler [ 6 Answers ]

How do I stop water from dripping from my air handler? The technician has checked the pans, drains, and freon with no luck. He is stumped as to where the water is coming from.

Heat Pump Thermostat Set to Cool, Blows Hot Air [ 6 Answers ]

Having a problem with my heat pump system. The thermostat is set to cool but the unit is blowing hot air. If it has been turned off for awhile and we turn it back on to cool (fan set to auto), it will blow at what seems to be room temperature for awhile (5-20 minutes) and then turns to hot air...

Ruud Air Conditioner or Heat Pump [ 3 Answers ]

I replaced my Old Thermostat with a Honeywell CT87A 4447 about a year ago and only the Air conditioner/ cooling part works now. It worked perfectly well before, now the heat will not operate. There is only 4 wires R W G B, the unit is a Ruud Model #USNd-036J MFG Date 1989. Is this unit a heat...

Ductless Air Conditioner/Heat Pump [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 225 sq.ft. insulated bonus room with a 7' ceiling over my garage. Although there are two supply lines and a return to this room from 3 Ton Central Air unit they are not sufficient to cool or heat this room. In fact, the 3 ton unit was really only sized for the 2500 sq. ft. main floor. ...

How to wire a heat pump & varialble air handler [ 2 Answers ]

Please help how to wire a Goodman 13seer 1.5 ton heat pump and 2.5 ton variable speed air handler to a EWC BMplus 3000 Zoning control system. Thanks, Alo:confused:

View more questions Search