Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lnguyen1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2007, 10:48 AM
    Goodman force air fuse blown
    My force air unit is manufactured from Goodman (Model CKL30-1L). The controller is on the attic. The fuses do not blow when it is switched to heat and the unit runs fine. However, when switching to A/C, all the fuses blow. Please advise for the problem.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

May 30, 2007, 03:49 PM
    Sounds like you have a major short in the electric going to or servicing the outside condensing unit. You will need a meter and check for shot=rt circuits. It could also be your compressor shorting out. Have you done any work to or changed anything in the unit lately?
    JackT Posts: 260, Reputation: 19

May 30, 2007, 04:26 PM
    A CKL30 is just AC only and if you blow the fuse when you turn it to cooling, you most likely have a problem in your condensing unit. It's probably a bad condenser fan motor or compressor.
    lnguyen1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2007, 06:25 AM
    The unit is less than 2 years old. In the winter of 2005 when the unit was still under 1 year warranty, the heat did not work and was repaired by the builder's contractor. It has been working OK until now. I did not touch anything, excepting checking for the fuse according to Goodman trouble shoot.
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2007, 06:30 AM
    Check the low voltage wires on the outside of your house going to the condensing unit. Could be a dog chewed the wires or the weed eater got into them.
    sameeryande Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2007, 04:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lnguyen1
    My force air unit is manufatured from Goodman (Model CKL30-1L). The controller is on the attic. The fuses do not blow when it is switched to heat and the unit runs fine. However, when switching to A/C, all the fuses blow. Please advise for the problem.
    I've same problem. lnguyen1, you have found the solution yet?
    michaelyl99 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2010, 06:28 AM
    Looks like your contactor inside the outside ac unit is bad. You can check it with a multimeter. It will cost $10~90 if you replace it by yourself, and > $300 if you ask for the contractor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Confederate air force/ Commemorative air force [ 5 Answers ]

Are Lefty Gardner and Lloyd Nolan still alive? If so where can I find good information on the start of the Confederate Air force on line. There is a lot of info on the new Commemorative Air force, but very little on the old.

Blown Fuse [ 1 Answers ]

A brief background before the problem occurred. This morning I was caught in a traffic jam, wherein I had to idle the car for about 15 minutes. Thereafter the driving was normal until I stopped at a traffic signal for over 145 seconds. This time I had switched off the engine. I was unable to...

Blown fuse? [ 3 Answers ]

In one bedroom, we set up a relatively small air conditioner and a fan in the same (double) outlet, and a nightlight across the room in another outlet. Everything ran fine from 6pm until 2:30am when these three things went out. This room, we think, is on the same circuit as our dining room, but...

Fuse blown [ 6 Answers ]

My central ac unit upstair (Goodman-zone 2) keeps blowing its fuse. What troubleshooting can I do to resolve this issue.

3 amp fuse blown [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Carrier Gas Furnace that is blowing the 3 amp fuse for the secondary 24 Vac. I have replaced the fuse and after the heat is on for awhile the fuse will blow and then I have cool air blowing. Please advise on how to troubleshoot problem.Thanks

View more questions Search