Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rileyma Posts: 40, Reputation: 14

May 30, 2007, 08:48 AM
    Do we love each other?
    Can you be in love with someone and then want to date others at the same time? I've been dating my girlfriend for 5 months and she feels like she needs to date more however she tells me all the time that she loves me. She is only 25 and hasn't dated much before now. Is this something she just needs to get out of her system so that she's more sure about us or is this a nice way of her telling me that she's moving on?
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2007, 08:54 AM
    I think she can love you and still want to date others... it just means that she is not 100 percent devoted to you... the real question is can you accept this?
    clarityseeker Posts: 61, Reputation: 43

May 30, 2007, 09:28 AM
    Only time will tell if she comes running back to you. I do know that she cannot be IN love with you and date others. Don't let the "I love yous" mess with your head - they're easy words for anyone to use to keep someone hanging on the back burner, i.e. keep their options open. And that's selfish behaviour, IMO. No one deserves to be left hanging like that. You sound like a good guy who deserves better than that.
    fix-what-you-broke Posts: 305, Reputation: 61

May 30, 2007, 09:56 AM
    Coming from a woman's point of view... im my opinion no she doesn't love you if she wants to date other people, and I also don't believe she needs more experience at 25 years old.
    I'm 26.. so not much older than her, and if I put myself in her shoes I can't understand where she is coming from.
    I love my man, I want him, I'm happy with him, I'm content.I don't need to experience anyone else as I know I'm not missing out on anything.I had one serious relationship before... I don't need to date other people to see that I have what I want at home waiting for me.
    In my opinion she doesn't love you. If she did she would be happy with what she has in front of her.
    Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

In love with someone who doesn't love me anymore. [ 8 Answers ]

I started dating my ex in Apirl of last year. We got pregnant within the first three months, and my hormones and emotions starting going crazy. I was treating him like crap, saying things like I didn't want to be with him, I would ruin the evening by thinking he didn't want me there, even though...

Does Love exist? Is there such thing as love? [ 22 Answers ]

I was wondering what is your opinion or thoughts on this situation, I went through a couple of months ago (in 2006). It was nearing the end of my first year at University, I was dancing on the last night the pub was open; suddenly, I saw a good-looking, kind of modest girl and I got the...

I love a girl but does she love me [ 19 Answers ]

I met this beautiful girl we went out but then she said she didn't want a boyfriend right now and its tearing me apart because we love each other and I don't know how love can disappear so fast I mean it must be there still right

I love this boy that doesn't love me. [ 18 Answers ]

There is a boy I met that I think I fell in love with. He is a really good guy. He likes me back but he recently got a girlfriend that he loves. I don't know should I move on or what... :confused:

Love him, like him, don't know [ 3 Answers ]

It has been over six months since I broke up with my boyfriend of 3 years. This was my first LTR. At first it was casual casual dating; I did not feel love. Then about a year into it he said "I love you" and I said the same thing but I kind of felt that I was saying it just because he said it. ...

View more questions Search