Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mike Robella Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2007, 12:02 PM
    A/C Won't Kick On!
    Last night I went to the thermostat to turn on the air. Flipped it on, and about 5 seconds after that the battery in the thermostat died and my A/C unit shut off. No problem, I replaced the 9-volt in the thermostat and everything works now except the A/C unit. If I set it to cool nothing will go on. The fan will work on the furnace only if I turn it on manually at the thermostat.

I replaced the fuses in the box outside by the unit, and still nothing.

Any suggestions as to what it could be.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Mike
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 29, 2007, 01:20 PM
    You could call an expert and pay to have a service call, then you would be cool.

You posted this today at 7 am, you could have had it fixed by now.
    JackT Posts: 260, Reputation: 19

May 29, 2007, 01:24 PM
    It sounds like you have a thermostat problem. If neither the fan or the outside condensing unit comes on when switched to cooling, check your connections and thermostat program. You know the blower works with the furnace, so I'd start at the t-stat.
    hvacservicetech_07 Posts: 1,083, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2007, 06:49 PM
    Make sure you get the thermostat snapped back together, may be a bad connection.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My parents want to kick me out [ 10 Answers ]

Im 18 and my parents want to kick me out and im still in school can they do that

She CAN'T kick me out? [ 5 Answers ]

I just came across this site while scouring the internet for any shred of legal support! First, I am from Ohio. My two boys and I moved in with my fiancé in July 2006. "Suzy" and I are separating. The situation is deteriorating quickly here primarily because of her testosterone pumped and...

Heater will not kick on [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: :confused: I woke this morning with no heat the house has baseboard heat I went to furnace and the pilot was out so I lit the pilot and the furnace kicked on went upstairs still no heat So I went back to furnace and the pilot was still lit, but the furnace was not running I then tried...

Heat does not kick on [ 1 Answers ]

Heat does not kick on all the time Temp is 17 degrees below thermastat setting, any advice?

My furnace will not kick on! [ 1 Answers ]

My furnace will work regulary sometimes, but sometime it does not kick on by itself you have to turn the thermostat to off then back on and then it will run until it meets the tempature setting. But then when its time for it to kick back on it does the same thing. We have replaced the thermostat 3...

View more questions Search