Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dianahm41 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2007, 10:46 AM
    A/C & Heating
    My AAC worked fine the night before then we had a power outage. The next morning I turned it on the compressor outside goes on but nothing happens in the house. I tried the auto and on switch nothing happens. I shut down all electricity still nothing happens I checked the fuse but it doesn't seem like its broken. What could it be I can't afford to call someone in.
    JackT Posts: 260, Reputation: 19

May 29, 2007, 01:27 PM
    It sounds like a bad blower relay, capacitor or blower motor. If the outside unit comes on, you know you have control voltage so the fuses should be OK. Does the blower motor hum or sound like its trying to start?
    dianahm41 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2007, 03:44 PM
    No nothing happens the fan doesn't come on at all. For AC or furnace. Is that expensive?
    hvacservicetech_07 Posts: 1,083, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2007, 06:45 PM
    What model is the furnace? I agree with jack, I'd say you have a circuit board problem.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2007, 07:40 PM
    Disconnect the plug-in leads that go to the furnace motor, find the two leads that control the furnace fan, attach a volt meter to these two points and turn on the thermostat. If it shows that you have power on the volt meter that means that you have some sort of problem with the motor, it could be the internal protector or a bad bearing or a burned motor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heating & Cooling Maintenance, Repair & Troubleshooting FAQ from NortherHeat [ 57 Answers ]

Check out these tips and explanations, below, from our Heating and Cooling Expert. Of course, you're also welcome to post questions to this board for more information: Just click the "Ask about Heating & Air Contidioning" button at the top of the page.

Central Air & Heating [ 7 Answers ]

Good Day, I recently changed my thermostat from a White Rogers to a Hunter programmable model 44260. I connected the system myself and now realize that the heat is not coming out of the vents. The fan is blowing but cool air. I have six wires coming out of the wall plus a jumper on the thermostat....

Heating & Air Conditioning [ 3 Answers ]

There was a question I neglected to ask in my previous note. How do I fix a situation involving a radiator. Whenever the boiler turns on and it begins to heat the system, there is a radiator that makes a loud noise as if someone is banging it with a metal object. How do I fix that? Thanks again for...

Heating & cooling system [ 3 Answers ]

I have a two zone heating/cooling system, with one generator unit. With this type of system, there are two trunk lines leading off the furnace. The dampers alternate when each thermostat indicates which one should turn on. One of the trunk lines has started making a loud whistle, indicating...

Zonal Heating & AC [ 3 Answers ]

We are in process of remodeling and expanding our 1200 sq ft house. We will be adding 1272 additional sq feet. We currently have central heat & air. The furnace does not need to be replaced as it will heat up to 2500 sq ft. The air conditoner is a different story. Two companies have come...

View more questions Search