Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    samg1965 Posts: 14, Reputation: 3

May 29, 2007, 08:03 AM
    Sky Pilot by The Animals-String Section
    During the song Sky Pilot by The Animals are sound effects of battle sounds, bagpipe music, then it goes into a string section of some familiar classical tune. The bagpipes is All The Blue Bonets Over The Border. I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the name of string piece is and composer?
    NorCal68 Posts: 79, Reputation: 6

May 29, 2007, 02:11 PM
    Geez, that's going back a ways... I've played that song many times, used to see the Animals play live so many times, etc. I'll give it a listen and try to help - never really thought about if the string part was just an arrangement or 'borrowed' from some composer.
    I'll get back to you!
    NorCal68 Posts: 79, Reputation: 6

May 30, 2007, 11:16 AM
    Ok, I've just listened a few times and in my opinion (Pro-musician since the 1960's and having taught in the Music Dept. of a Calif. College) the string part is just an 'arrangement' written for this song.
    samg1965 Posts: 14, Reputation: 3

May 31, 2007, 06:36 AM
    Thanks... You may be right, but it just has a very familiar melody to it. Reminds me of watching Loony Tunes as a kid when someone gets clobbered over the head and has birds tweeting around their head and that song playing just before they pass out!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does putting gas hot water heater dial on PILOT put pilot light out? [ 5 Answers ]

My gas hot water heater dial has OFF to the left, PILOT in the middle and ON to the right. If we are going away and want to not have the water heated can we just turn the dial to PILOT and the flame will stay lit but just won't heat the water or does the flame go out completely and then PILOT would...

Mysterious object in the sky [ 3 Answers ]

I need an opinion. So as I was looking up in the sky with my telescope tonight I noticed a very bright object in the sky. I was literally convinced it was a plane headed straight for me until I focused on it with my telescope. It then jumped out at me with a bright orange color and seemed as if it...

New string in string Trimer [ 1 Answers ]

How do I put new string in string Trimer. Bump Type kevant

Does anyone know about the sky calf isolater [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone know about the sky calf isolater if it works or doesn't if someone does write back.:(

Whale live on Sky News! [ 7 Answers ]

Holy mackarel.Take a read of this: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4631396.stm For UK,and International viewers,where appropriate,look at Sky News,as it's live now!! Apparently,a second whale has been seen,at Southend-on-sea. I hope they end up okey.Reminds me of Hitchhiker...

View more questions Search