Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TOOL_5150 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2007, 11:05 PM
    Windows Vista RDC [Remote Desktop Connection]
    I have a customer that insists that he stay with vista. I told him to stay with XP Pro, because he is [I am] going to have trouble with vista, but what do I know. So my issue is that he needs to access the computer remotely, as well as I do when he messes it up. I figured I could setup RDC and it would be all good, as the router is already set up to go to that IP that his new computer has. I can not get RDC to connect. I shut off the firewall and the other system thing that vista comes with. He has vista home premium which I found out does not have RDC. Ok, so I installed VNC which is my preferred way of remote access anyway. Still no go. The vista machine is bouncing back everything, I can't get to it connect remotely at all. Thanks in advance!

~TOOL_5150

Check out some similar questions!

How Can I connect my PC? [ 3 Answers ]

How can I connect PC with following sceniro. I have 3 pcs with Win XP pro.1 PC is connected with ADSL internet connection (256kbps)Its a small USB modem. I have router with 6ports from which I have connected my other 2pc as shared ADSL speed internet.This all setup in Office. Now I want to...

Windows vista [ 3 Answers ]

Bought a new laptop with vista basic on it now nothing but problems Tried to connect a laser mouse does not work it lights up that's it Need this mouse to work it Microsoft notebook optical mouse 3000 certified for windows vista does not work like I said it lights up but that's it help please...

Windows vista [ 1 Answers ]

I Recently Bought A Compaq Laptop From Pc World.it Has Windows Xp. I Contacted The Techguys.co.uk As Instructed To Get My Vista Free Upgrade,to No Avail.can Someone Point Me In The Right Direction On What To Do Next,how Do I Get This Free Upgrade To Vista??

Windows xp or vista [ 8 Answers ]

I will need new desktop within 6 months. Need advice whether to go with xp or wait for vista.

Remote Desktop Connection Error [ 1 Answers ]

Hey guys, I tried every direction. I have a client PC using win2k, trying to access a win2k server using remote deskop. Only this client is having trouble, so it's not the server. The client is using Remote Desktop Connection to connect this server, receives "unknown network error", while...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.