Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skapoocy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2007, 04:44 PM
    Lien without knowledge
    I recently received a copy of my credit report, something I have never done in the past, and found that a lien was filed in May of 1997 with our local common pleas court, with a court case number. I have no idea what this is - can a court case against me take place without my knowledge?
    Thank you!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 26, 2007, 06:35 PM
    While they are not suppose to, unless you could not be located and they only did service by posting it in the news paper.

You can go down to the court house and find out what it is, who did it.

Also what is it a lien on? Your home, your car? Or is it a judgement against you.
    Cvillecpm Posts: 553, Reputation: 28

May 27, 2007, 03:52 PM
    If you have never seen the document, you need to go to the court with the case # and ask to see the file... it may ONLY be on microfisch. Be aware that if/when you pay off the judgement, you would have to pay the interest if any awarded by the court at the time the judgement was rendered.
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

May 27, 2007, 05:14 PM
    I had a lien filed on an investment property I own without my knowledge from the community HOA (long, long story). I don't know if it ever appeared on my credit report, but the lien was filed without my receiving ANY notification. Sounds like you need to take a trip to the county courthouse and/or call whoever placed the lien and see what is going on. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is knowledge success in itself? [ 11 Answers ]

My question is what is the importance of gaining knowledge, without any materialistic interest, and just for the sake of gaining knowledge. If a very knowledge able person has no wealth, fame, power and any other materialistic plus point, still can he say that I'm successful just and just because I...

Judgement without knowledge [ 2 Answers ]

Wondering if someone can help. I went to the bank the other day and both my joint savings & checking was negative $3850.00-EACH!! When I went to the bank manager he said a legal firm had froze my account for those amounts. When we called the firm, they could not even find me in their system. I had...

Judgement without knowledge [ 1 Answers ]

Wondering if someone can help. I went to the bank the other day and both my joint savings & checking was negative $3850.00-EACH!! When I went to the bank manager he said a legal firm had froze my account for those amounts. When we called the firm, they could not even find me in their system. I had...

Tree of Knowledge [ 14 Answers ]

It tells us in the Bible that God is not one who tempts us. He may allow us to be tested but doesn't tempt us. My question is this: Why did God put the Tree of Knowledge in the Garden? I understand the effects of it and why they were kicked out for their rebellion, but what are some plausible...

Asking for knowledge! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi thank you so much that U answered my quseting. So I have other questions hope I get answer to them. 1\ What is the advantage of using a low pressure switch to control Compressor operation? 2\ What should I do to set low pressure swith in order to maintain A cabint...

View more questions Search