Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    confussed_lil_sofi Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2007, 11:52 AM
    Pill and side effects
    Hello I'm on the pill and I've herd a lot of storys about good and bad side effects of the pill. Suchas your oobs will grow and it will make you grow more body hir. Can someone please tell me about he different good and bad side effects.
    Thanks xxxx
    kepi Posts: 321, Reputation: 25

May 26, 2007, 11:58 AM
    What pill are you talking about? There are many pills and each one has its own side effects.

May 26, 2007, 12:03 PM
    Brevinor

May 26, 2007, 12:04 PM
    Generally speaking, the pill sometimes causes weight gain, spotting between periods, nausea, slight increase risk for blood clots. The blood clots- the chance increases if you smoke so just don't- smoking is bad for you:p

May 26, 2007, 12:06 PM
    Thank you! Don't suppose you got anything good about it to tell me? Apart from stopping period pains and contraseptive
    Xxx

May 26, 2007, 05:40 PM
    Well, the pill can sometimes reduces acne, it regulates your period, lightens period, reduces menstrual cramps. :D
    fix-what-you-broke Posts: 305, Reputation: 61

May 26, 2007, 07:41 PM
    Everybody is different, every pill I have taken have had so many side effects that I would rather just keep it simple and use condoms.
    I have tried three different ones with three different doses.
    The first one I had the worse migranes, the second I felt sick every day, and the most recent I had the migranes again,with sickness,and tiredness.
    Can't tell you any good things as I didn't experience any.

May 27, 2007, 05:58 AM
    O dear! Well so far I've been on for quiet a while and not had anything like that I jut herd soe horror storys and thought I'd ceak it out!
    With love
    Xxx
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

May 27, 2007, 03:54 PM
    Definitely depends on the dosage of the hormone content- beware of mini-pill types for birth control though, they have a tendency to not prevent conception as well as the full-on types.

The reason why the pill tend to moderate menstral symptoms is because the cycle is created artificially therefore regulating hormonal levels during the cycle.

I agree with fix, my wife had the migranes etc. after trying three different types until we found the right one-there is also a considerable drop in libido with many types-perhaps that's how they prevent conception?? Hahah only joking.

Hope this helps.
    honey2700 Posts: 27, Reputation: -1

Jun 3, 2007, 04:38 PM
    I have been on the pill for 4 years now. You don't grow hair and your boobs don't change. Oh and you don't get fat. It does a wonder on your periods though. I use to get pains so bad I couldn't go to school. I know people think girls make it up but it felt like I was going through labour. I never get cramps at all. I use to have way heavy periods now there as light as you could get them and it would last for 7 days now it only last for 5. I had minor acne and it cleared that up too. Now the bad things it does. It gives your yeast infections like all the time and dryes you up down there which makes intercorse painful. It degreased my sex drive where I don't ever want it and I get bad mood swings. Im getting off them this month for those reasons. Its OK at first but after a few years the side effects are just not worth it.
    bumblebee1 Posts: 17, Reputation: 3

Jun 8, 2007, 10:29 AM
    Birth control pills are hormones. I had to stop taking them. I've tried 3 different kinds and they all changed my appetite, I was hungry all the time... so yeah depending on the person or the pill it can make you gain weight and when I'm not on them I wasn't hungry 24/7. they also significantly raised my blood pressure, so much so that I had to stop taking them. The good thing about them is they prevented pregnancy and regulated my periods. Now, even though I'm off the pill my periods are still regulated.
    stevie123 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2007, 07:26 AM
    Medicines and their possible side effects can affect individual people in different ways. The following are some of the side effects that are known to be associated with this medicine. Because a side effect is stated here, it does not mean that all people using this medicine will experience that or any side effect.

Nausea and vomiting
    Headache/migraine
    Breast tenderness, enlargement
    Weight changes
    Retention of water in the body tissues (fluid retention)
    Vaginal thrush (candidiasis)
    Change in menstrual bleeding
    Menstrual spotting or breakthrough bleeding
    Depression
    Skin reactions
    Decreased sex drive
    Rise in blood pressure
    Irregular brown patches on the skin, usually of the face (chloasma)
    Steepening of corneal curvature which may make contact lenses uncomfortable
    Disturbance in liver function
    Gallstones
    Blood clots in the blood vessels
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2007, 09:41 AM
    Speak with your gynecologist. They can offer alternative pills if any one causes certain side effects for you. They are not one size fits all.

In fact they have not made my wife's boobs grow at all, not has she gotten any more body hair (she's lucky in that she only has dark hair grow in the pubic and under arm area, not on body, arms or legs. And no she's not Asian.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Superfact side effects [ 3 Answers ]

I have recently started injection myself with 0.1 cc of superfact on a daily basis. Can someone please tell me the side effects of this drug? I have become extremely over-emotional. Is this part of the side effects? Thanks

Side effects [ 4 Answers ]

Please can you tell me what side effects I will have to expect on superfact

Side effects on steroides [ 5 Answers ]

Okay my friend wants to do one cicyle of steroids just for a month or seomthing I'm telling him it's a bad idea and can him up but you guys tell me the side effects of doing this... he says to me all the side effects are for long time users not just for one cycle

Side effects [ 1 Answers ]

Side Effects Of Finasteride In Women

Morning after pill side effects. [ 1 Answers ]

I've taken the morning after pill and a few days after I started bleeding. I felt the same sympthons as when am seeing my period (breast hurts,tummy ache) but the blood is really dark (brown) and its lighter than my period. I've like this for 4 days and now its just like blood spots. I wasn't due...

View more questions Search