Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gombud Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2007, 05:27 PM
    Ice maker on refrigerator does not work
    Ice Maker Quit Working On Side By Side Kenmore Refrigerator. No Water
    In Automatic Tray? Any Suggestions To Check.

Thanks,
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2007, 05:55 PM
    There are several different reasons that an Ice Maker will stop working. One is that the water valve has gone bad. It is a 120 volt valve that is at the back and bottom of the refrigerator, it is very simple to replace but you need to make sure that is the problem before you replace it. Another thing could be that the heater in the Ice Maker has gone bad, the timer motor could be bad, and there are other reasons but they all are not things that you can replace. And even if you could the parts that you would replace would cost more than a new Ice Maker.

I suggest you take out your old Ice Maker, which is not hard to do, two screws to loosen and an electric plug to unplug, then take it to someone that sells your brand of refrigerator and purchase a new one, should be around $125 to $150.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ice maker won't make ice [ 7 Answers ]

Im sure someone messed with this thing. But it's a kenmore side by side fridge about a 1 1/2 years old. Putting the arm in the down positions usually triggers that unit to fill the aisle with water and then proceeds to freeze to make ice. Well that's not happening and I can't find the manual at...

GE Gold refrigerator ice maker leaking into the ice tub [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 3 year old GE Gold stacked refrigerator/freezer. The ice maker is leaking into the ice bin. The leak is a slow, constant drip that freezes into an icesicle. Annoying. Any advice would be appreciated ! :confused:

Ice Maker slow making ice [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Kenmore Elite refer and the ice maker has almost quit making ice.The ice maker is part # 4317943 the freezer is about 0.0F any help will be appreciated. Randy

Refrigerator Ice Maker [ 2 Answers ]

Originally my ice maker was making ice continuously even when the shut off arm was up. Now it won't work at all. Any ideas.

View more questions Search