Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    retired Mom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2007, 01:57 PM
    Hair color remover
    My hair is silver/Gray and I have had a strawberry color put on it. I am tired of coloring it all the time and want to go back to my natural color. I have been told to use a shampoo cap of 20 volume peroxide and conditioner and leave on my hair for 15-20 minutes. Will this work, or will I need to use a color stripper?
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

May 25, 2007, 07:02 PM
    Remember that when you use a permanent hair color on your hair, your hair won't return to it's natural color. If you use color removers or have the color stripped, it will leave your hair in a very raw color state with brassy undertones and you will need to re-color your hair. You have two options, you can wait until your hair grows out, or you can go to a hair salon and let a hairstylist try to match your hair color as close as possible. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HELP! Brown hair color turned my hair a dark red! [ 31 Answers ]

So my girlfriend helped me color my hair to hide a few gray hairs coming in. Its usually a light to med brown, thought I might go darker. We used Loreal excellence crème ( Medium Brown). It actuall turned my hair into almost a dark redish brown, looks like I have naturally dark red hair! HELP! ...

Will hair color remover remove the color or make it lighter? [ 3 Answers ]

I dyed my hair light golden brown. My original hair color was dark brown. Now the golden brown is starting to fade and plus my hair is growing out at the roots. The hair color did damage to my hair and I don't want to permanent dye it anymore. All I want to do is put a dark rinse to at least get my...

Hair color remover [ 10 Answers ]

I have read some of the respones re Loreal Color Zap for removal of hair color. Will this product remove the product "Shades?" I am approx 75% gray and would like to simply go all gray. My 1/2" roots are natural gray and I have about 1 1/2" of "Shades" with the ends (about 1") being permanent...

Hair dye remover? [ 7 Answers ]

I am a thirty year old who got her first gray hair as a freshman in HIGH SCHOOL. :eek: I've been dying my hair for a long time. After college, I went blonde to help blend in the gray, but it got too expensive. I've done shades of brown, and even went red so I could be annie for halloween about...

View more questions Search