Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MsKellyHill Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2007, 10:22 AM
    Sick of Miss Princess roommate in California
    On a one year lease that started back in February. My boyfriend, myself, and an old friend of my boyfriends.

The situation is not working out at all. She verbally agreed with us that she understood our lifestyle, and assured us it wouldn't be a problem.

She is now demanding we change the way we live.

We don't agree with her grievances, as we made it abundantly clear, this is how we live. We aren't even that untolerable! We don't throw ragers, we don't disturb her personal effects, or space, we don't eat her food, and other such typical roommate issues.

Shoot! I even clean up after her! I've done her dishes on numerous occasions, just cause I was sick of looking at the mess. If the dishwasher has clean dishes, I put them all away. She sets ours on the counter, or won't even LOAD our dishes. She has taken out the kitchen garbage once. She has never pulled the carts to the street. She doesn't take out recycling. All things that should be SHARED in communal living, that she never initiates authority to do.

We are all 28 - 29 year olds.

In fact, she is the oldest, and the only one without a steady job! She works four nights a week at a bar (she quit her day job), so now she feels it necessary to tell us to be quiet in the mornings while we are getting ready for work. We aren't even loud (no music, no screaming, no hair dryer, no arguing, no coffee making, and our alarms are barely audible), just your everyday run of the mill getting ready for work noise! She has expressed that she is a light sleeper, so we suggested getting earplugs. She has ignored our advice, on three occasions.

This morning, I faced a, "Please be quiet in the morning." statement on the mirror.

Is this necessary? Am I not allowed to get my hairbrush out of the drawer? Brush my teeth? Talk to my boyfriend?

Basically, this situation is not working, and since I am approaching her tonight, I want to know what my boyfriend and I can do.

We are all on the lease, however, she is the only one that hasn't signed it. Can this work in our favor?
    WTFO Posts: 21, Reputation: 4

May 22, 2007, 12:50 PM
    So, her name was typed on the lease but her signature in not on it anywhere? Good! I would talk to the landlord / property manager and let them know what the situation is and that you will be having this third person move out. If they are in agreement - in that they aren't considering her income as the basis for you three being there - then I should think you're fine.
    She is obviously a problem, and it might be a little personal jealousy regarding 'you two vs. her'. Whatever the case, you can't go on living this way.
    Best of luck!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 22, 2007, 12:52 PM
    If she didn't sign the lease then she isn't ON IT WITH YOU OTHER GUYS! So, tell her point blank that you would like her to leave, unless of course, she has paid any monies to you and that makes a difference. And in the case where she hasn't paid any money, she is 'found in' and can go asap.
    MsKellyHill Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2007, 02:26 PM
    Thanks for your answers, this definitely helps me for the confrontation tonight.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Movie about a princess or girl on a journey [ 4 Answers ]

This is terrible, I hardly remember anything about this film. Made sometime in the1980's. I believe it is an animated film (could be a TV show series) about a beautiful girl (who might be a princess) that has long blonde hair with a golden streek in it. There is one scene I believe in a forrest...

80s princess movie animated [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. I do not remember a great deal about this movie but as far as I can remember it was about 2 or 3 girls... possibly princesses and I think one of them was 'evil' and she had long black hair... her name might have been raven and there was castles and other generic princess kids movie stuff....

Landlord/Roommate added roommate without discussion [ 8 Answers ]

My roommate is my landlord. Recently he decided to add roommate to the house. I was never asked,nor was it discussed in any way with me. Two days before the new guys moved in I got a phone call that said, we’re getting a new roommate. He moved into the room next to mine right on time. We, me...

Legand of Zelda Twilight Princess [ 19 Answers ]

How do you interact with a stone? Do you have to be a wolf?

View more questions Search