Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amily Posts: 31, Reputation: 3

May 20, 2007, 07:25 AM
    How to kill loneliness?
    Im doing my first year at university and I'm not in my country as well. At the times I feel really lonely and I don't know how to deal with it. I can be on my own, but most of the time I like to be with people and doing things together. I really want to be able to be more on my own and learn how to do it. I get upset easily and its annoying as well. How can I learn to be on my own and not depend on anyone else? Please help me. Am I the only one like that? Or everyone can feel like that at the times? Thank you
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

May 20, 2007, 07:27 AM
    It is normal to feel like that at times. Just do your studies.
    J-mar Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

May 20, 2007, 07:38 AM
    That is normal, and sometimes being in a new place can be really scary! But if you just concentrate on the aspects of your life you're able to control the rest should just fall into place
    JOY_and_LOVE Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2010, 07:36 AM
    A
    JOY_and_LOVE Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2010, 07:38 AM
    Yes, I felt the same until I found peace and love...

I know it might sound hopeless, because to me it did as well... I could never understand it until I experienced it myself..

And I assure you, this WILL work... Just open your heart to God... listen to a lot of Gospel music, 24/7...
    leave it on even when you're not home. Just believe that God is with you, because He always is!
    :)

And no, calling upon God is NO death penalty, even though it seems as if it is because as humans we don't always understand the unknown - so get to know God better :D

Talk to Him as if He's your best friend - which HE IS! And every time you feel down, tell Him how you're feeling and start to build a personal relationship with Him...
    I assure you - soon you'll start to experience God's amazing love in your heart <3 which is the best experience ever! And you will be filled with peace... you'll have enough courage to face new challenges, you'll become stronger and never want to look back, because life to you will seem like a festival. There will be song in your heart - you won't be able to stop babbling about the new amazing love you've found, lol - it must be awesome if your heart sings about it! :)

And when you experience it - you'll even understand it better. And YES! You can STILL enjoy life, with a smile and more happiness you never had before. May you walk in the faith of the Lord. Be Blessed! :) Here's a Youtube video to lift your mood!;)

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
    Isaiah 41:10

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear ... "
    1 John 4:18

Rise up; this matter is in your hands. We will support you, so take courage and do it."
    Ezra 10:4

"The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever."
    Psalm 23

cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Nov 25, 2010, 08:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by amily View Post
    Im doing my first year at university and im not in my country as well. At the times I feel really lonely and I dont know how to deal with it. I can be on my own, but most of the time I like to be with people and doing things together. I really want to be able to be more on my own and learn how to do it. I get upset easily and its annoying as well. How can I learn to be on my own and not depend on anyone else? Please help me. Am I the only one like that? Or everyone can feel like that at the times? Thank you
    Its very common and it is compounded by being out of your element. Since you have barriers start slow. Go to the library a lot and observe others then maybe go to coffe houses and just sit and watch. You will pick up on the signals going on and later you can use your knowlage to interact with others as each country has its own traditions and ways.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

To kill a mockingbird [ 2 Answers ]

How old is mayella ewell? What's her middle name?

How to I fix this loneliness and be happy [ 5 Answers ]

How do I fix this? I'm feeling very depressed now because I have no body to talk to at school. I made the mistake of hiding around school avoiding people at school, as a result right now I'm friendless and have no body to talk to. I just walk around all alone and scared to talk to new people...

To kill a mockingbird [ 1 Answers ]

What does Maycomb's turnout for the trial imply about human nature?:

If Looks Could Kill [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of this movie with Richard Grieco on DVD? On mailorder if possible. Thanks :)

View more questions Search