Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    southard03 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2007, 07:55 PM
    Outside GFI keeps tripping - Dusk to dawn switch
    I have a front yard light pole and the sun sensor broke which the light always stayed on.
    Finally we had a new sensor installed and now the light doesn't go on. Our outside GFI keeps tripping. Reset button on top which is pushed out and when I push it in the light flicks on but the button pops out. The below test button stays pushed in.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

May 20, 2007, 03:53 AM
    There may be an issue with the sensor. GFI can have false trips due to the electronics in some devices. You may need to try a different sensor. The lights do not need to be GFI protected, so perhaps the lights and sensor can bypass the GFI.

Try disconnecting the sensor and bypass the wiring so the light is fed directly by the GFI to prove the sensor is the problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dawn to Dusk Outside Light [ 4 Answers ]

How do you troubleshoot an outside dawn to dusk light. We put up a new one but it does not seem to be getting electricity.

Tripping circuit [ 1 Answers ]

A circuit has been tripping for the last couple of days. It is the circuit in my garage (that also feeds the water sprinkler). For years I had no problem, AND THERE ARE NO NEW ADDITIONAL ITEMS PLUGGED IN THAT CIRCUIT. We have noticed "trip" when the sprinkler goes to "zone 2" of the back yard...

GFI switch [ 2 Answers ]

My GFI switch has poped and will not reset.

GFI trips when fliping switch [ 5 Answers ]

I have an outdoor fountain with a pump that is pluged into a new outlet next to the pump. I connected that outlet to an outdoor switch on the porch so I can turn the punp on and off without going to the fountain. I taped into an existing outdoor outlet on the porch and put the switch next to...

Gfi with switch [ 5 Answers ]

I want to replace my bathroom receptacle with switch (for overhead lite) with a gfi w/switch. My source hot line comes in with a 2 wire line (black/white). The line in the wall has a 3 wire line (black/white/red). What is the proper way to wire the line side of the gfi and the load side? I want the...

View more questions Search