Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spurs Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2005, 10:38 AM
    System restore, worms, internet explorer, help
    I wonder if anyone can help me , not sure where to begin, but here goes,

Internet explore crashes when I try to access favourites, read mail etc, when I try to close the page I get a programme not responding message , I shut down my comp and when I start it up again things are fine for a while, then it happens again. I did have a worm infection ( not me personally) it was I-Worm/Mytob.BX and AVG put it in the vault, I tried to use system restore but keep getting this message every time, "Restoration incomplete try another restore point", but I keep getting the same message.

The rest of windows works fine.
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2005, 07:39 AM
    Being an Arsenal fan I shouldn't be answering people with that name but here I go anyway...

Sounds like the worm might have tinkered with a few settings that AVG couldn't reset. Might be worth downloading some spyware scanners like Ad-Aware or Spybot: S&D. Also try looking on www.symantec.com for a removal tool for the worm just in case AVG missed something.

May 3, 2005, 12:52 PM
    Thank you
    Thanks for your suggestions I downloaded the Microsoft beta anti spyware,
    And spyware blaster, things seem OK now fingers crossed.
    If you think Spurs is bad, my wife's username is Leeds!!
    sea_flipper Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2005, 01:32 PM
    Hi
    I had similar problem... could not re-store my computer. Found out I needed to re-format my system. And after that... it works fine. -- Lydia

Aug 20, 2005, 05:33 AM
    Computers!
    They drive us mad don`t they, on advice from my comp doctor I invested in Norton Internet Security, it has all ready blocked various trojan attempts!Feel better protected now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

System Restore [ 1 Answers ]

I have WIN XP, Service Pack 2. When I go to System Restore, there are no earlier restore points to go to. I have always had earlier points to choose from. Is there something wrong with the program? Thanks.

System Restore [ 1 Answers ]

Hiya Shipmates Got a problem and hope someone can help. When a restore point is created on my Pc, either manually or when using Windows update, the bold date has gone the next day. System restore IS enabled, I have well over the minimum 200Mb of disk space that is recommended, have Ad-Aware,...

System restore [ 13 Answers ]

Hi everbody, am using xp2 sp2 home ed. I tried to access system restore to switch it off temporarily to be met with the message:turned off by group policy,to turn on contact your domain administrator! Went to services where it was showing as stopped,tried to start itgot the following message:sys...

System restore xp [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to restore my computer to an earlier date,but every time I try , the computer goes through the motions, but always comes up with the result "Computer can not be restored to this date" Any help Please

System Restore [ 3 Answers ]

My Restore folder is taking up a ton of space (almost 13 GB of my 20 GB drive) and I'd really like to get rid of it. Is it safe to delete this folder? Edit: I'm on Windows Me and I've already tried turning system restore off.

View more questions Search