Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PortalWriter Posts: 39, Reputation: 5

May 17, 2007, 08:08 PM
    Children's Film with Golden Bird
    When I was in elementary school I remember my teacher showing a film about children having an adventure with a golden bird. If I recall correctly, the bird was a statue/idol that came to life. I could be wrong about that though.

I could have sworn they referred to the bird as a Phoenix, and to this day I thought the title of the film was The Golden Phoenix.

But I have been searching all over the internet for it, and can't find it. I am beginning to wonder if that is indeed what it was called. I am also having doubts that it was even a Phoenix.

I remember there were all kinds of people chasing after the bird. I think it possessed power, or wisdom, or something. The other detail is that the bird talked.

I saw the film in 1983, so we are looking at late 70's, early 80's for the time of the film. And it could have originally been a TV Movie, or Miniseries or something like that too. I just know I saw it at school.

Can anyone help me out?
    redize Posts: 18, Reputation: 3

Jun 11, 2007, 03:03 AM
    Hi. Sounds very much like The Mysterious Cities Of Gold.

80s Cartoons! 80s Cartoons! Info, pics, sounds and video from all the best 80s Cartoons!

Awesome 'toon, and it was a golden Condor I think. :)
    PortalWriter Posts: 39, Reputation: 5

Jun 11, 2007, 10:07 AM
    Although that looks like a very good cartoon. That is not it. The show I was looking for was live action. I found what it was. It was the BBC production of the Phoenix and The Carpet.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/movies...n-99383-2.html

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/movies...n-99383-7.html
    Strutt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2010, 05:50 PM
    Oh my goodness you are so right. I to have been looking for this for a very long time, I had almost given up and almost thought I had imagined it.
    Strutt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2010, 05:57 PM
    Comment on Strutt's post
    The Mysterious Cities of Gold
    Phoenixhunter Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2012, 05:36 PM
    For what it's worth, I was looking for this too. I also saw it in elementary school (our librarian used to show movies in the library once every few weeks) and I could also have sworn it was called The Golden Phoenix!

Thanks for ferreting out the answer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

80's children's fantasy film [ 4 Answers ]

I am looking for a film title. All I can remember is that a young girl gets kidnapped from her bedroom by some monsters (puppets) and they carry her through a forest with lots of cobwebs and fog. She is then in a cave with a witch and she sings Silent Night... please help as this is driving me mad!

Bird [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have 2 birds (budgies) and they have been really healthy. However, over the past few weeks my female bird has been wheezing and sneezing quite a bit. It's almost like she is having a tough time breathing. Oddly enough, she is still eating normally, hasn't lost weight and still has quite a bit...

Children's film from the 90's [ 1 Answers ]

It is about some like rodent like creatures that live in a community together and one day they are at school and some sort of like poison or something comes over their town and the children in the school flee leaving their parents there and they go on an adventure and I remember at one point they...

Bird Flu [ 1 Answers ]

What is avian influenza (bird flu)? Bird flu is an infection caused by avian (bird) influenza (flu) viruses. These flu viruses occur naturally among birds. Wild birds worldwide carry the viruses in their intestines, but usually do not get sick from them. However, bird flu is very contagious...

View more questions Search