Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2007, 04:28 AM
    My mom called Jordin as the winner on like the 2nd or 3rd week in.

Of course I wanted Melinda... but I am glad that Jordin got it!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 24, 2007, 05:52 AM
    I think something fishy is going on. The buzz on the blogosphere was that Melinda fans were not going to vote this week in protest. Yet they claim a record 75 mill votes?? I don't believe it!

I had Melinda and Jordin as 1-2 from the cut to 24. I'm happy for Jordin and I think she deserved. But I also think that the producers wanted a boy-girl final and they wanted Jordin as being more marketable than Melinda. Obviously I can't prove this, but I would have to see more proof that it wasn't so.
    Retrotia Posts: 163, Reputation: 19
    -

May 24, 2007, 09:20 AM
    Yes, Scottgem, you were one of the people who recognized Jordin early on. I don't think anything was rigged . I think somewhere along the line Blake & Jordin got very popular.

My daughter was unhappy that Blake didn't win. (But I gave her the phone to vote too!)
    Anyway last night when the finalists opened with their duet-I don't know about anyone else-but I almost didn't want there to be a #1. Especially because Blake was so nice & polite & stuff.
    So I just had to try to console my daughter-saying something like-He got a lot of air-time & exposure by being #2-that you'll probably see him again. And, it's a contest-someone has to win.
    I will be looking for Melinda, Blake & Jordin in the future. I think all 3 are going to be marketable.
    It's too lonely at the top. I agree with Paula Abdul's thinking. All 3 (if not more) were winners.
    Hope you're having a good day!

May 24, 2007, 11:55 AM
    I can agree that there were no real losers among any of the top 24. Each of them has furthered along their careers by making it as far as they did. I think Idol will do wonders for people like Phil, Gina, Haley, Lakisha and several of the others. Look at Jennifer Hudson.

But I still think something was rigged. I can't believe how long the geneders remained even. Blake is the only male who should have made the final 6. That alone raising my suspicions.
    blondiechika05 Posts: 65, Reputation: 2

May 24, 2007, 02:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    I can agree that there were no real losers among any of the top 24. Each of them has furthered along their careers by making it as far as they did. I think Idol will do wonders for people like Phil, Gina, Haley, Lakisha and several of the others. Look at Jennifer Hudson.

But I still think something was rigged. I can't beleive how long the geneders remained even. Blake is the only male who should have made the final 6. That alone raising my suspicions.
    My suspicions were raised when I realized that people getting voted off were alternating, boy, girl, boy, girl, each week and especially when Stephanie was voted off before Haley. Heck, I was shocked that Haley even made the top 12. However, ScottGem, you're forgetting one person. Sanjaya. A lot of people have said he has little talent, but he actually does have some. Maybe we won't hear a single from him on the radio but we may not have seen the last of him. I also disagree with you about Haley. Haley is not very talented and I don't believe she has a future in the music business.

May 24, 2007, 02:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by blondiechika05
    ScottGem, you're forgetting one person. Sanjaya. A.
    I would love to be able to forget Sanjaya :D
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

May 24, 2007, 02:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    I would love to be able to forget Sanjaya :D
    Same here. Same here.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dual citizenship us/europe / voting [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a dual citizen by birth. I was born in america when american citzenship came by default by having been born there and both of my parents are english citzens. I grew up in america but moved to london when I was seventeen and have been working here now for 8years. As the american...

Who likes American idol? [ 83 Answers ]

Well, the show just started another season & I'm all geared up for the entertainment! I usually watch it live or record it when I can't. Last week they started with the process of elimination. Some of these contestants were so bad but so humorous of course. Then after they get their walking...

Voting [ 11 Answers ]

What do you think is the best way to get people to go and vote? I'm not talking about any particular candidate or any particular age group, gender or background. I'm just talking about generally getting people to vote. What do you think is the best way to go about it?

American Idol - Who's it going to be? [ 14 Answers ]

So, who do you all think is going to win? Taylor or Katherine? My vote is Taylor, we need someone unique to win. :D

Any American Idol fans out there? [ 44 Answers ]

It's one of only 2-3 "network" TV shows we watch in my house... and for A.I. the eight of us are glued! I'm rooting for the Joe Cocker-ish fella, but am fairly sure he can't win.:( I predict the crooner was voted out yesterday. We'll find out tonight.

View more questions Search