Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    feliciaozenne27 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2007, 08:11 AM
    Repair shop fraud
    My mother bought her vehicle to this repair shop back in sept.2006 because the vehicle was running hot and wouldn't stay running. This mechanic shop kept the vehicle there for two months giving her the run aroints about what was wrong with it. We called there everyday and they had no answers for us and the owner was never there half the time we called or went there. Eventually they came up with a answer that the heads were cracked. We never spoke with them for another month because the owner was never available to give us a price for the repairs. I really and truly believe they never checked to truck because he went and supposely did the repairs and the truck is still doing the same thing and now he says it needs a new motor and he wants my mom to pay for the work he supposely did and for storage fees of 17.00 a day which has totaled up to 4500.00 and the vehicle is in worst shape now than when it arrived there eight months ago. Can this shop charge us this supposal fee for repairs and storage?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 16, 2007, 08:16 AM
    They can not charge you storeage fees for any time prior to when they say the problem was fixed abd ready for pick up. If you left it there after the pick up date they can cahrge you. I'm confuesd as to why you'd allow the car to sit so long when they were obviously dodoging your calls. Ask to see the old heads and gaskets.
    UsBlkgal Posts: 83, Reputation: 9

Jul 23, 2007, 07:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by feliciaozenne27
    My mother bought her vehicle to this repair shop back in sept.2006 because the vehicle was running hot and wouldn't stay running. This mechanic shop kept the vehicle there for two months giving her the run aroints about what was wrong with it. We called there everyday and they had no answers for us and the owner was never there half the time we called or went there. Eventually they came up with a answer that the heads were cracked. We never spoke with them for another month because the owner was never available to give us a price for the repairs. I really and truly believe they never checked to truck because he went and supposely did the repairs and the truck is still doing the same thing and now he says it needs a new motor and he wants my mom to pay for the work he supposely did and for storage fees of 17.00 a day which has totaled up to 4500.00 and the vehicle is in worst shape now than when it arrived there eight months ago. Can this shop charge us this supposal fee for repairs and storage?
    My uncles have been in the auto repair "racket" for over forty years and I feel sorry that jerks like your mechanic give the others a bad name. I have heard horror stories but that is the worst.

Did you know that there is a internet site called : SCAMCLUB.COM where consumers can post a disclaimer (is that the right word?) telling about various companies (large and small) adverse business policies.

I go on that site to look for others who are having or have had trouble with that company. You never know what you will find there or what horrors that others have received from that company. Mainly, the site lets a wronged consumer warn others so that (hopefully) that will never happen again.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2007, 08:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by feliciaozenne27
    Can this shop charge us this supposal fee for repairs and storage?
    Hello felicia:

No. You should sue the shop for cost of the repairs that they never did in the first place.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Taken for a ride by a car repair shop owner [ 1 Answers ]

How do I convince a judge that a key which is currently in the possession of an auto repair shop owner is not mine. My car was stole from a repair shop. The law says I have to prove the owner was negligent or had knowledge that my car was going to be stolen. The repair shop owner's insurance...

Need Shop Repair Manual [ 3 Answers ]

Anyone have any idea whatsoever where I can find an actual shop repair manuel for my 1979 W200 Dodge Power Wagon? :confused: Any and all help greatly appreciated !

Vehicle in repair shop for 6 weeks now. Part unavailable! [ 3 Answers ]

On 01/24/2007 my 2006 Dodge Ram broke down in California. I had to fly home to NC to take my husband to his cancer doctor. I received a call from the Dodge dealer in Blythe, CA where my vehicle broke down and they informed me that I needed a new transmission. I told them to fix it as soon as...

Can my Canon go to the shop? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a "Canon IXY Digital" and I just got it one year ago. I dropped it a few months ago anf the zoom lens is hanging off, it is still useable, but this black spring comes in the way of the screen. I don't know if Canon allows sending in for fixing.. Because I know this is fixable. Does anyone...

View more questions Search