Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    arkage Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2007, 07:54 AM
    Painting a fiberglass Tub
    What steps and products do I need to paint my avocado green tub to white?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 15, 2007, 11:13 AM
    You may want to look into this product http://www.superjetco.com/BathBrite.html Paint doesn't last long on fiberglass unless you sand the entire surface with 180 grit paper and apply a marine boat paint.
    wags Posts: 80, Reputation: 4

May 19, 2007, 12:29 AM
    Are you sure your tub is fiberglas? Avocado was in the early 70's, not a lot of colored fiberglas plumbing fixtures are that time. Could it be cast iron? Totally different steps to refinish those.
    lensyl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2007, 07:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by arkage
    What steps and products do I need to paint my avocado green tub to white?
    Yes, it is fiberglas
    lensyl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2007, 08:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lensyl
    Yes, it is fiberglas
    Can you change the color of an old fiberglas tub/shower to white?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leaking Fiberglass Tub/Shower [ 3 Answers ]

undefinedundefinedHi, We purchased a 2 year old Colonial three months ago. Last week, after a bath in the upstairs master bathroom, I notice two lines of wetness (in the drywall seams)on the dining room ceiling which is directly below the master bath. We inspected the tub, and noticed a new crack...

Want to fiberglass over leaking tub shoe [ 3 Answers ]

I have an old upstairs bathtub, probably installed around 1940. It began leaking on ceiling below. Plumber said tub shoe was worn out and would be very difficult if not impossible to find a replacement. I did find one service that can remake the part if I send the old one, which is not...

Painting fiberglass showers [ 2 Answers ]

I have a fiberglass shower that I want to paint. What is the best kind of paint to use for this project?

Fiberglass Tub Install [ 7 Answers ]

I've been reading up on doing this and see that it is addressed here slightly, with the help of speedball1, I believe. Anyway, we want to do the job right and would like to know if there are specifics on the web on how to put the cement down. Do we frame in under the tub so the cement doesn't...

Fiberglass shower/tub removal [ 1 Answers ]

Would like advice/instruction on how to remove a fiberglass all-in-one shower/tub unit. Thanks in advance for help!

View more questions Search