Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    greeneyes121005 Posts: 14, Reputation: 4

May 14, 2007, 10:41 PM
    Huge hips!
    Does anyone know an excersise that reduces hip size? I know that you can not spot reduce, and that regular excersise will help with overall body fat, but does anyone know of an excersise that is targeted more towards your hips? Thank you!
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2007, 04:36 PM
    There really is no such thing as "spot reduction", it's impossible to reduce one area, when you burn fat for energy you draw it from allareas of the body. It takes time and patience a good, healthy, natural diet of whole grains breads, cereals, rice and pastas,veggies, fruits, nut and seeds, in proper serving portion along with baked or broiled lean meat like skinless chicken, turkey breast, fish, loin type meats, again in the correct portion size, 2-3 oz, cooked). Stop eating pasteries, cakes,cookies,chips, fatty and fried foods, fast foods, and presweetened drinks, drink lots of water, especially before meals and eat dary products, that are low fat, 1-2% or skim milk, low fat cheese, (partially skim or skim) and yogurt, lowfat, cheese, one serving is 1 1/2 oz. ANd then exercise, you have to work the whole body, 3-4 times a week for a minimum of 30 minutes, aerobics, jogging, walking, swimming, resistance training, or weight lifting. But you have to work the whole body to lose fat percentages. Lower body fat percentages come from heathly and steady weight loss of no more than 3 pounds a week this equals permanent weight control, limiting weight regain. Anone can lose weight fast, but it doesn't mean lowering body fat %, with rapid weight loss a large percentage is from fluid losses, which you will regain. This plan in the long term can and does work.
    greeneyes121005 Posts: 14, Reputation: 4

May 15, 2007, 04:44 PM
    I know that you can't spot reduce, and I know that you have to work your whole body for all over weight loss, but just like there are legs lifts for thighs or lunges for legs and behind, or crunches for your stomach, is there an excersise that is meant for your hips? I am doing cardio, a little weight training, and healthy diet so I know all of this, I was just wondering if along with it I could be doing a specific excersise? Thanks!
    BigCityDreams007 Posts: 80, Reputation: 2

May 15, 2007, 04:47 PM
    Walking, Walking, Walking...
    amar401 Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

May 22, 2007, 03:55 AM
    Hi ,

Many have the same problem.

Please follow the below suggestions:

Remember only 3 words "EAT GOOD and WORKOUT"

What is EAT GOOD:

1) Low Fat food: That is eat less oily food, no sweets, No fried Stuff and No Junk Food(Pizza, Burger). Eat small meals 6 times a day instead of 3 bigger meals.

2) WORKOUT: The only way to reduce Fat is through Cardio Exercise only, Cardio Excercies are Walking and Running only. So doing a Combination of both Walking and Running will help a lot. That do doing at morning times will help to burn more fat. Walking and running also increases Metamolism which help in burning the fat even after you stop doing excersis.

3) for How long to Continue: You should have dedication and self control to do all this, If u can not stop eating Fat food, there is no way to reduce weight. If you can't workout you will keep on increase the weight. You should continue this until you find the expected results on the weight machine..

All the best...

Note: Running and Walking helps you to loose weight equally from all parts of the body.

Thanks
    Amar Chand

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to reduce my hips,tummy anhd thighs? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all,I am laxmi,I have 5.3feet height and 60kg weight.did I considered as overweight? My structure is OK but I have large tummy and hips and more fat on below shoulders. Can you suggest me how to reduce those to get perfect shape.

I would like to know how to obtain hips [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know how to develop hips. Are there any exercises to obtain hips?

How do you roll your hips [ 3 Answers ]

All my friends dance at all the school dances. I don't because I can't really get into it. I just want to know a few moves so I don't look like an idiot just standing there. They all know how to roll their hips and that's mostly what they do. I want to know How do you roll your hips?

Rolling the hips [ 1 Answers ]

Hey you! I waz just wondering if you could tell me how to "roll ur hips" when your trying to do a toetouch! Please help me and expkain it god! I love you 4-ever if you do! Lol!

I need huge help! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm making a project for my school and I need to know some things about electrical subjects. 1- what's a 1900 box? 2- what's a j box? 3- what's EMT? 4- how many general circuits in a residential kitchen, what size wire, and how many amps per circuit? 5- if you found a yellow, orange, or...

View more questions Search