Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dm042063 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2007, 04:32 PM
    Hair color too dark
    I colored my hair today and my husband hates it! I am wondering if I can color it again today with something lighter.:confused:
    gypsy456 Posts: 319, Reputation: 48

May 12, 2007, 05:48 PM
    And do you like the colour ?

Sleep on it...
    Often the colour gets lighter as time goes by...

However... say that you were blond and now you are black :) then it's a different ballgame.
    If the colour is really dark then it will be hard to colour it lighter just like that and you may ask your hair dresser for advice.

Good luck...

May 12, 2007, 07:13 PM
    Yes, I think that it is pretty dark too. I went from light brown with blond highlights to something that now resembles dark brown (almost black). It didn't look like that on the box. I guess that's what I get for trying to do it at home.

May 12, 2007, 07:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dm042063
    Yes, I think that it is pretty dark too. I went from light brown with blond highlights to something that now resembles dark brown (almost black). It didn't look like that on the box. I guess that's what I get for trying to do it at home.

Well... there is a big price difference between colouring your hair at the salon or from the box, let's be honest. And sometimes -I have been there too... :)- we just like to do it ourselves... because they make it look so easy on the box!

But... a dark brown will get lighter after washing it a couple of times and some sunshine ?
    I live in California, so that's my experience...

Good luck!

May 12, 2007, 07:36 PM
    Thanks for your advice. I am going to wait a week and see if it gets any lighter. If not then I guess I will be springing for a visit to the salon

May 12, 2007, 07:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dm042063
    Thanks for your advice. I am going to wait a week and see if it gets any lighter. If not then I guess I will be springing for a visit to the salon

Yeah.
    It's just that the whole colouring is quite aggressive and not too good for our hair.
    But what do we do ? :) :)

Good luck!
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

May 13, 2007, 01:21 PM
    Permanent hair color creates permanent color changes in the hair. The color will gradually fade over time. It usually takes weeks for the color to fade, depending on how frequently you wash your hair. If you think your hair is too dark, you can use dandruff shampoos, clarifying shampoos or dish detergent to help fade the color faster. Make sure to use a conditioner afterwards.

Remember that the color you see on the box will not be the color you get. Women make the mistake of applying at-home colors, thinking it will make their hair lighter or the same color on the box. When you use at-home hair colors, it will most likely make your hair an unpleasant color. If you want to go lighter and don't want to wait for the color to fade, I recommend that you go to a salon and get them to do corrective color.

May 14, 2007, 06:26 AM
    Thanks for the advice. It still seems too dark but I am going to give it a few days then probably go to the salon.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HELP! Brown hair color turned my hair a dark red! [ 31 Answers ]

So my girlfriend helped me color my hair to hide a few gray hairs coming in. Its usually a light to med brown, thought I might go darker. We used Loreal excellence crème ( Medium Brown). It actuall turned my hair into almost a dark redish brown, looks like I have naturally dark red hair! HELP! ...

Removing dark hair color [ 5 Answers ]

hello everyone, I'm hoping someone will be able to help me cos my hairs driving me mad! I used to have bleach blond hair until last year when I died it mid brown at the hairdressers, since then I've bin getting it done regularly n now its really dark brown that also has a red color in...

My Hair Color Glaze Is DARK [ 2 Answers ]

I naturally have (had) fine dirty blond hair that lightens up a lot on its own in the summer sun. I had a professional highlight my hair to even the tone between my natural color and the summer sun color. However, the second time I had it highlighted she totally changed the color to a...

Fixing hair color on dark hair? [ 2 Answers ]

I have caramel and ash brown highlights on black hair and wanted to touch up the roots myself... unfortunately, when I used a box of medium ash brown hair dye, it made my roots look a little reddish brown (very slight on the reddish). I also covered too much so it looks like the top of my head is...

Way too dark hair color! [ 1 Answers ]

I dyed my hair black about 2 weeks ago. Is there anything I can do that won't kill my hair but that can get it lighter? My hair is normally medium-dark brown.

View more questions Search