Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chrismbyrd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2007, 01:35 PM
    Digital Thermostat for Line Voltage Heating AND Cooling?
    Hello folks,

I live in a condo in a relatively old building (~65 years) which uses line voltage thermostat controls (120/240V) for both heating and cooling (the heating and cooling source is a convector - they switch the building from heating to cooling every season).

I'm trying to find a thermostat which looks relatively modern (digital), but no manufacturers I have found produce a digital line voltage thermostat for both heating AND cooling from the same module. Am I missing something or do these simply not exist in an updated version? (There are a few models like the Honeywell Model T651A 3018 which would work, but look like a throwback to 1962) Is it hard to create a digital heating and cooling thermostat for a line voltage system, or is there simply no market for them? If anyone knows of an updated version, even an expensive all-encompassing version, I'd greatly appreciate your advice.

Thanks,

Chris
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

May 11, 2007, 03:03 PM
    I have done the research and none are available that I could find.
    Seann Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2011, 11:15 AM
    Hi
    Nobody can advied about a line voltage stat
    Because
    U have to get the voltage,amps,watts between the wires and above all there are 2 sets of stats.one which is compatible with a inductive load and another with resistive load.
    There are stats for heating and cooling but u need to get in touch with a contractor to get a suitable one.
    U can also use a 24 vac transformer and it will give u a variety in stats

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replace T87F thermostat with digital thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

My T87F has two wires Red and White. No code indicating how to connect to the new digital on.

Heating and cooling [ 3 Answers ]

My furnace come on and then starts to blow out cold air

Line Voltage Flexible Trach Kit [ 3 Answers ]

I installed the track as instructed. I attached a couple of the fixtures, but they would not light. I do have electricity around the track, checking with a voltage detector, but the lights do not light. What could the problem be? Thank you.

View more questions Search