Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stanleyttt Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2007, 08:39 PM
    Water in Floor under Refrigerator
    Heating element in freezer department turns red, causing water to run from the same area as the heating element into the bottom of the refrigerator. Unable to remove bottom tray because it is frozen to the frig. I have two problems, water in floor and water run into the freezer department from the heating element.

May 9, 2007, 08:44 PM
    [QUOTE=stanleyttt]Heating element in freezer department turns red, causing water to run from the same area as the heating element into the bottom of the refrigerator. Unable to remove bottom tray because it is frozen to the frig. I have two problems, water in floor and water run into the freezer department from the heating element. Can you help me.
    cjcdallas Posts: 63, Reputation: 6

May 10, 2007, 06:17 PM
    What kind of refrigerator has a heating element? I never heard of that.

May 10, 2007, 10:01 PM
    This refrigerator is a Matag side by side. Yes there is a heating element in the freezer department behind a vent to auto defrost the frig. Something isn't draining right causing water to leak into the freeze department.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot Water at Refrigerator Water line? [ 60 Answers ]

We recently moved into a 10 year old home and purchased a new refrigerator with a water filter and ice maker, only to find that when we hooked it up to the single water line behind the fridge, it dispenses hot water. I don't think the line has been used before now and was wondering if anyone has...

Water in refrigerator [ 1 Answers ]

You have answered this question for several models. Can you tell me how to inspect, clean whatever the freezer drain on magic chef refrigerator model # cbt2123AR Thanks.

Water connection for refrigerator [ 1 Answers ]

My wife and I just bought a new side by side refrigerator with water and ice dispenser in the door. When we purchased the refrigerator at Sears we also got a kit to put in the water line. The kit has a saddle valve and 25' of copper pipe. I went down to the basement/crawlspace and found that all of...

2nd Floor, Floor drain backing up with water in restroom [ 1 Answers ]

I have a second floor restroom at my workplace and there is a little bit of water backing up and some sewer gas smell. There is rarely anything that goes down that drain but there is a little water in it that I can see. Also it seems that the urinals in the same restroom are draining very slowly....

View more questions Search