Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bevmartinphillips Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2007, 07:45 PM
    Kenmore dishwasher dianostic program
    I am hoping someone will be able to tell me how to run the DIANOSTIC cycle on my kenmore ultra 665 1703 dishwasher.

Originally the clean button was flashing, I found out to press. Normal wash and heated dry and that fixed the problem.

BUT NOW, no matter what cycle I pick the dishwasher never stops and it never goes past the first 2 lights (wash, sensing). The drying, sanitized and clean lights Have never come on.

Can anyone help me?

Tonight I ran normal wash. I let the washer go for 1 1/2 hours it like I said never went past first two lights and the cups were still sort of dirty. There is water going into the machine.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, dianostic may tell me if the element is gone, but I don't know how to run it.
    cjcdallas Posts: 63, Reputation: 6

May 10, 2007, 06:24 PM
    If your machine is the same as ours we had virtually the same issue. I tried everything and nothing worked. I took the board out and checked everything and could not find the problem. I eventually called the repair shop but then figured it was too expensive (mostly because I am too cheap and did not want to get beaten by a machine) There was a recall on the heating element and they replaced that prior to our other issue...
    Came home one day and foundmy wife fixed it and it has worked fine ever since. She adjusted the latch (bent it down because it looked funny) Evidently most everything runs through the board and it is all attached through the door switch - I admit I was stumped and was going through a cooling off period because the switch itself was fine... Good luck and I hope that helps...
    sarosebud Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2007, 03:46 PM
    Thank you, thank you!!
    Our Kenmore Ultra Wash 665 is less than two years old. It worked fine (waited until warranty was out!), then all of a sudden, nothing except blinking green light on "Clean". We called a repairman who diagnosed it as a bad electrical/circuit panel on the phone.
    He could replace it for about $250 (cost of new one plus his labor charge). I decided to do some Internet searching, and found you!
    We don't have a Heated Wash choice, so I went through our wash choices, followed by hitting the Heated Dry choice. I did it many times, but it eventually lit up in red and started again!! You guys are great!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore dishwasher [ 2 Answers ]

My dishwasher won't start any cycles. I have noticed that the start button which usually lights up a steady green light once the cycle is set to begin is flashing green 7 times and does not begin to start the cycle. Is there any way possible to reset the control panel? :confused:

Kenmore dishwasher [ 1 Answers ]

I've tried just about every detergent in my dishwasher and none of them will dissolve.

Kenmore Dishwasher [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have an older model Kenmore dishwasher which is no longer washing the dishes clean. What is the most cost-effective method; to repair or replace? Please advise.

View more questions Search