Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jxcd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2007, 06:50 PM
    Calculating the cost of damaged carpet.
    How do I calculate the monetary damage incurred by tenants on carpet? The carpet has been professionally cleaned, however, there are large yellow stains that do not come out. These stains resulted from urine and/or emesis from a small dog. I have hired a carpet cleaning company to cut out the stained pieces and replace them with non-stained pieces. This cost will total $125.00. However, it seems like a very small charge to pass on to my ex-tenants. Are there any other costs I can pass on to the tenants?
    cjcdallas Posts: 63, Reputation: 6

May 10, 2007, 06:46 PM
    If the carpet was new when they moved in then I would replace the carpet and charge them for the whole thing. People have to be responsible for not only their actions but also their kids and or pets...
    Just my opinion...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Finance / cost of equity and weighted average cost of capital [ 2 Answers ]

How do I go about calculating the after-tax cost of new debt and common equity. Calculate the cost of equity and calculate weighted cost of capital. I do not understand this a bit. The following tabulation gives earnings per share figures for the Foust Company during the preceding 10 years. The...

Cost of end. Inv. And cost of goods sold under average cost [ 1 Answers ]

It's me again! I have another question to the same problem. In case someone else responds, I'll post the problem again. June 1 inv20051000 June 12 purch.30061800 June 23 purch. 50073500 June 30 inv. I need to compute the cost of the ending inventory and the cost of goods sold using the...

Carpet damaged [ 1 Answers ]

I was renting a property from a landlord in columbus Ohio. I have been there for 2 and 1/2 years. He snet me an email telling me he was going to take me to small claims court for my water bill which I said I would pay. And he said that the carpet needs replaced and he wants me to pay him back...

Damaged hair [ 1 Answers ]

Hello guys, does any one know how to fix damaged hair from relaxer and dye, my hair is so damaged and is falling out like crazy and it looks so dead. I tried to mosturize it but I need something more drastic,and does oil help and how you put it? Over nightbefore washing it or you use it instead of...

View more questions Search