Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ging1994 Posts: 190, Reputation: 9

May 9, 2007, 03:48 PM
    What do I do
    OK my friend jesica told me one my friends ashly boyfriend is going to ask me out she's good friends with him and during our state testing we did today he brought paper so he could draw wich he wasn't suppose to he was dooleing my name and jesica saw and I don't know what to do I'm friends withhim to and I don't want to hurt his feelings but I don't like him like that and don't want to anger my friend
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2007, 04:01 PM
    It sounds like you answered your own question. She is your friend. You don't want to hurt her. He is your friend... but not like that. What else is there to it?

May 9, 2007, 04:23 PM
    How can I tell him no without hurting his feelings
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2007, 04:32 PM
    Well first of all, you will never have control over anyone else's feelings.

The best thing to way to deal with anything is direct. As of right now, if it was just him doodling your name, I wouldn't do anything. If he goes any further with it, just tell it like it is. Besides, he is going out with your good (best?) friend? You don't want to risk a friendship over some boy.
    starboy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2007, 04:39 PM
    Well first off you have done absolutely nothing wrong. You cannot control how someone else acts. I understand that this situation makes you uncomfortable and you sure seem to care about other peoples feelings which I highly respect. Sometimes there are no easy solutions in life. But to this I think there is. Confront your friend and give her out of your own mouth the information you have given us here. Just tell her how you honestly feel and that her friendship is a very important to you. Make sure she understands that you have not made any attempts to bring this about, it just seems to be something that came up all on its own and now you have no idea what to do. You could also add that your not even interested in anyone especially when they don't seem to be honorable. My words are blunt and not as articulated as probably what you can relay, the important thing is to just say what's on your heart in your words. Its far better for her to find out from you than to find out from everyone else first. It hurts less that way for her.
    Now if you are really interested in this boy, well then that's where things get very complicated. Plus, whether you are or not, I'm sure your also not interested in hurting his feelings as well. You could just tell him that your simply not interested in anyone that's dating your friend. Whatever, you get the picture.
    soccergrlo8 Posts: 5, Reputation: 0

May 9, 2007, 04:47 PM
    If you don't want to go out with him just goo... I am sorry (persons name) I would just like to stay single b.c I like mi life right now and I can't handel any more things that are going to be put on mi plate
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 9, 2007, 05:15 PM
    As my daughter said to one potential beau a few weeks ago

"I am so flattered that you like me, and I like you, but right now I am concentrating on my school work so that I can get scholarships to college one day. It is nothing against you, and I like you as a friend, but right now I really don't have time for a boyfriend."

She is only 13.

May 9, 2007, 08:36 PM
    My friend called me and told me to call him but my phone died I have his number only on that phone I think he's going to ask me

May 11, 2007, 07:35 AM
    He didn't ask me yeseterday cause he's kind of shy about who he dates and so many people know he's going to ask me out now that's a good thing but he's trying to find my phone number so he can ask me over the phone rather than during school in front of all his friends because he's pretty sure he's going to be turned down but I'm nervus one of his friends will finally admit they got my number
    TuBBzZ Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2007, 07:12 AM
    The best way to go is say no straight up go up to him and say I heard a rumor that you like me and then say I'm hope you know that I don't like ou like that you are one of my best friends but I don't like you like that whatever you do... do not laugh when your saying that because you make him feel that he sucks and he is the most ugly person on the planet and that their will NEVER have a chance but say it serious and if he says I don't like you like that (even thought he really does )just laugh at the end and breath hard that's it don't laugh when your telling him
    ST3V3NZBABYZMAMII Posts: 39, Reputation: 0

May 12, 2007, 02:57 PM
    Look friend come before guys no matter how close you are. I wuld just be wrong of you to do somehting like that. And it does sen like you asnwered you own question cause you don't like him like that so why is it even a thought I'm your head?

May 13, 2007, 11:06 AM
    OK he sort of in a way asked me out Friday he was to scard to hear what he would probably hear so he just asked me threw my friend ashly and now my other friend is trying to push me to go out with him

May 14, 2007, 07:26 AM
    OK I need help with something else lately I've been able to pretend he never asked me out so we could still be good friends but I'm not sure I can keep it up I texted him for a few hours yester day and hung out with him and my friend at his elemtry school for a while everything went well until I told my friend you can ask the guy she likes out and if I doesn't go well you can pretend it never happened and then she looked at me funny then me and matt turned red but after that we were teasing her about how she's obsessed with a guy she's never meet before so yesterday went pretty good but how do I keep our friendship up and what if he askes me again
    noeymc Posts: 77, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2007, 12:07 PM
    It will clam down you shouldn't pretend give it time keep hanging out act like it happen it shows how close of friends he thinks you are that's a good sign keep him close he's a good friend so if this helps good luck

Jun 19, 2007, 08:46 PM
    Yep the weiord thing is now were closer than ever yay :) yep its almost like it never happened but we do sort of joke around about it like he chose some of his friends he aske out as his wives and right now he's chose 3 and 1 devorsed lol well alls good
    Felly123 Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Jun 20, 2007, 12:46 PM
    Well hun. Which do u think is more valuable.
    A boyfriend who chances are probably won't be there forever.
    Or losing a friend that has been there, and that will.
    ??
    Let me know how it goes.

Jun 23, 2007, 08:56 PM
    Were friends with him and my friends are friends with him to were all really good friends now and I'm happy about it he's got a new girlfriend so I don't have to worry anymore

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search