Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lozzajayne Posts: 39, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2007, 10:49 AM
    Very confused and frustrated pregnant or not?
    Hi me and my partner have been trying for a baby for the past 6 months after a I came of the pill microgynon but so far no luck this is getting very frustrating.we have sex evey other day and I even hold my legs up in the air for 10 minutes afterwards.but still nothing.
    My period is almost always late which makes me think do I do a test or not because I am use 2 it been late. I am also confused as 2 how to work out my fertile days and whens best 2 have sex because sometimes there's 21 days in my cycle and sometimes there's 26 but I am always on for 4 days.this month I came on on the 5th may but it was very light compared 2 normal and only lasted 2 days then I was of for a day and came back on for 1 day now am off again.I have no signs of pregnany just a bloated stomach but that seems to have gone down a bit now since I came on.I am very confused and getting very frustrated has anyone got any advice for me... xxxxxxxxxxx
    AW805 Posts: 283, Reputation: 43

May 9, 2007, 11:00 AM
    You should probably use spell check.
    lozzajayne Posts: 39, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2007, 11:08 AM
    Yes I know I should I have done now thanks :)
    plaidlady Posts: 17, Reputation: 6

Jun 17, 2007, 12:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lozzajayne
    hi me and my partner have been tryin for a baby for the past 6 months after a i came of the pill microgynon but so far no luck this is gettin very frustrating.we have sex evey other day and i even hold my legs up in the air for 10 minutes afterwards.but still nothing.
    my period is almost always late which makes me think do i do a test or not because i am use 2 it been late. i am also confused as 2 how to work out my fertile days and whens best 2 have sex because sometimes theres 21 days in my cycle and sometimes theres 26 but i am always on for 4 days.this month i came on on the 5th may but it was very light compared 2 normal and only lasted 2 days then i was of for a day and came back on for 1 day now am off again.i have no signs of pregnany just a bloated stomach but that seems to have gone down a bit now since i came on.i am very confused and gettin very frustrated has anyone got any advice for me..............xxxxxxxxxxx
    You can go buy an ovulation predictor. One of my friends was pregnant and always had irregulars and she didn't know she was pregnant until she was 3 months and she went through many many home tests so you can always go to the doctor to make sure that's what she finally did
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2007, 07:23 PM
    First of all, 6 months is not a long time to be trying to conceive, so don't start worrying about that area of it. It takes most healthy couples at least 12 months to conceive. Also, when you add previously using birth control(other then non-hormonal methods such as condoms), it could take longer, because there is a space of time needed for the birth control to leave your system. The pill for example typically takes around 3 months to leave your system.(some longer, some shorter. Depending on how long you've been taking it and how your body reacts, etc) so really, if you think about it in that light, its been about 3 months you've been trying to conceive, free(possibly) of the effects of the pill. Now, your irregular periods are very likely a side effect of stopping the pill. It takes a while for our bodies to get back to normal, and the fluctuating hormones can cause your periods to be off. When you are late, I would wait at least 2 weeks late, before taking a pregnancy test. You could take it earlier, but this will help you to save on money. As far as knowing when you are ovulating, you can start to chart your basal body temperature. (Ovulation Calendar and Ovulation Chart - FertilityFriend.com) also, buying ovulation predictor kits will help. Mainly, Don't STRESS. Stress is one of the biggest things that stands in a woman's way when she is trying to conceive. Good luck to you, hope this helped.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Frustrated: [ 10 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, My wife and I have been married for over 2 years! We have recently experienced some communication problems with each other and now she is not wanting to have sex that much anymore. She says her peak has passed her (she is 30)! Any suggestions!

Confused about maybe being pregnant [ 2 Answers ]

Ok so I want to know if you can honestly be pregnant and still have your period? I have had so many people tell me that I look pregnant its kind of scary. But at the same time I am kind of scared to take a test. Not to mention I was told if I wasn't then if I thought about being pregnant too much...

Pregnant,scared and confused [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 18 years old I found out at the beginning of this year that I was pregnant by this guy I have been "dating" for about 9 months now.. but this was something I didn't want with him.. I am 5 months pregnant now and he hasn't done much for me, he's happy we have a baby on the way but we never...

Could I be Pregnant anyway.confused! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, the last day of my period was feb 23 and I was intimate with my fiancé the 24 and 25th about two weeks later I started to feel sick and my back was hurting I had some minor cramping. I thought nothing of it I just figured it was just my body telling me that my monthly friend was gearing up for...

2 weeks pregnant roughly, bit confused [ 1 Answers ]

I had my last period on 9th aug, I had light bleeding and mucas on 20th aug for 2 days and then nothing, followed by light cramping that has worn off now. I did a pregnancy test and it showed positive. After 1 week of cramping it stopped and now I have brown discharge. I would be due on in the next...

View more questions Search