Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wrenwell Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2005, 08:33 PM
    Suds rising in kitchen sink
    Hi-- My Mom has a new double basin kitchen sink. When hand washing dishes (leaving the water running slightly) in one sink, suds begin to rise up from the drain of the second basin (farthest from the trap). To keep the suds from getting on the clean dishes in the rack, we have to run water into the drain to dissipate the suds. Water never backs up and no other water is running in the house. The trap is clear. I did note that her trap is very close to the basin unlike my older set up which has the trap a foot lower. I've washed dishes this way for years in my double sink with no problem! I'm curious if there is a correct measurement for the placement of a trap under a kitchen sink. Or, any other suggestion for this suds problem. Thanks. Sandi

Check out some similar questions!

Kitchen Sink/Laundry Sink Drain Vent Non-exist [ 3 Answers ]

The set-up from kitchen sink leading down to drain to basement: 1. Kitchen sink - (R side) - connected to a P drain I think you call it -PVC-, connected to a "metal" T, which has a Studer vent gizmo attached to the top of it, then draining into a metal pipe straight down to the drain in the...

Kitchen sink vent [ 1 Answers ]

I have moved into an apartment where the kitchen sink was put in as an afterthought and as such was not vented in any way. Is there a way to simply tee off from the drain and run a short stretch of PVC under the basin of the sink and up to above the level of the drain in order to vent the drain? I...

Kitchen Sink Problem [ 3 Answers ]

I have a double kitchen sink. One side has a disposal. When the dishwasher drains it backs into the disposal side of the sink. The disposal has not been working properly. I have tried resetting it and using the allen wrench to unclog it. Apparently it is just worn out and needs to be replaced....

Venting kitchen sink [ 2 Answers ]

I recently moved into a basement apartment of a private residence. The kithen sink had been put in without a vent. It is just direct piped out the house. My question is can I install a vent under the sink without having to tie into the existing vent for the other plumbing as this would be...

Kitchen sink [ 1 Answers ]

Why do I need "backflow" protectors ?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.