Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    salc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2007, 07:19 AM
    How to remove fitting from PVC Pipe
    Have a cleanout valve that need to be extended. Need to know how to femove the fitting without cutting it off.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 9, 2007, 07:54 AM
    You aren't going to have much luck without cutting. The glue used with PVC is actually called a weld for a reason. Any chance of a drawing or pic? If you shop at a home center you should find couplings that can be installed in the existing clean out instead of the cap. Not sure about your layout but this should extend the cleanout as far as you want.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

PVC drain dry-fitting and solvent glueing [ 10 Answers ]

I am trying to replace all the plumbing in my house with PVC drainpipe. All the 'books' say to dry-fit the system to get the lengths and angles of pipe and fittings and to mark the joints with a "T" pattern marking the seam and fitting angle. The same books say to use these reference marks when...

Compression fitting on soft cooper pipe [ 5 Answers ]

Is it possible to install a 3/4" valve with compression fitting on soft cooper tubing 3/4" as well? Will it fit? Will it hold? Tank you

Connecting pvc to pvc with no hub fitting [ 8 Answers ]

My plumber ran into a dilemma when installing rough plumbing for a new basement bathroom. After already laying the pvc piping in place under the broken up concrete floor we found the pvc to cast iron Tee connections leaking. This was discovered after I had filled the opening with a base of gravel...

Connecting PVC to Threaded Copper fitting [ 2 Answers ]

I have a fitting in a wall which began leaking with mold developing on the wall board. When I took out the wall the culprit was a fitting between a female threaded copper fitting and a male PVC fitting in a hot water line. I initially took out the PVC fitting and fitted the joint with a new fitting...

Can someone please identify this PVC fitting [ 3 Answers ]

Attached (I hope) is a picture of a fitting I am trying to identify. This fitting joins my PVC washing machine drain pipe to my copper soil pipe. I would like to know what it is called so I can buy another one without sounding like an idiot to the sales folks. Also, I am looking for application...

View more questions Search