Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MArk518 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2007, 12:46 PM
    Confused about if this girl likes me
    This is my first post on this site but I read some other posts and everyone's seems to me mature and polite so I'll give it a try.

I should start by pointing out that I am a senior in high school and I have not dated a lot. I am not a nerd or anything, I have just been preoccupied and trying to keep my mind set on grades and stuff rather than girls.

A few weeks ago, this girl named Stephanie started talking to me more. I've known her for a long time and we've been friends but have never dated. She is in my Architecture class and she usually sat on the other side of the room but she came to sit by me now. We flirted a little and stuff for a week or so, and then she asked me to go to prom with her. I said yes. At this point I really just thought of her as a friend.

During prom we had a pretty good time (I did at least, its hard to say what she thought). Seeing as I am not very experienced with dating I didn't kisss her or anything that night but I really started to like her. Now I can't get my mind off her. The day after prom we went to the beach with a few other friends. On the way she sat shotgun and I was sitting in the back, it made me think that she didn't like me. Later that day though she was flirting with me again ( hitting, laughing at my lame jokes). It seems that she doesn't flrit with me unless I start talking to her first. Otherwise its like she's avoiding me.

She strikes me as a bit shy but I don't know if that is the reason why she ignores me sometimes. I can't get my mind off her. She confuses me. Id really like to date her but I don't want to get shot down. Before Prom she called one of my friends and asked him if I had a girldfriend and stuff and got my number from him. THis makes me think that she lieks me, but this was before prom. Maybe I turned her off at prom? I don't know.

Any advice would be great. Thanks. (PS. Sorry if this was really long, but I wanted to explain it all)
    Emmy-lou Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2007, 05:07 PM
    OK the whole advoiding you thing... she probably just doesn't want to seem she's coming on to strong... shes not sure if she can come up and start a conversation with you

And as for the ringing your friends up before prom and sussing out your details... more then likely was doing a bit of research so things would run smoothly e.g.. No girlfriend to worry about but at the same time there may be a hinden agenda

My advice...

Leave it a little bit longer
    And then tell her how you feel
    But say something like

' I like you more then a friend, but if your not OK with this I still want to be friends'

More then likely she's just shy

I probs made no sense but I hope this helped a little :)
    yeahIskate Posts: 19, Reputation: -1

May 19, 2007, 07:09 PM
    I think you should ask her out you know, you shouldn't be worried about being rejected you know, there's a lot of fish in the sea. You ask a girl out and if you get rejected you move on and look for someone else. I think the longer you wait the harder it is going to be to ask her out so just try
    rkb1013 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2007, 08:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MArk518
    This is my first post on this site but i read some other posts and everyones seems to me mature and polite so i'll give it a try.

I should start by pointing out that i am a senior in highschool and i have not dated alot. I am not a nerd or anything, i have just been preoccupied and trying to keep my mind set on grades and stuff rather than girls.

A few weeks ago, this girl named Stephanie started talking to me more. I've known her for a long time and we've been friends but have never dated. She is in my Architecture class and she usually sat on the other side of the room but she came to sit by me now. We flirted a little and stuff for a week or so, and then she asked me to go to prom with her. I said yes. At this point i really jsut thought of her as a friend.

Durring prom we had a pretty good time (i did at least, its hard to say what she thought). Seeing as i am not very experienced with dating i didnt kisss her or anything that night but i really started to like her. Now i can't get my mind off of her. The day after prom we went to the beach with a few other friends. On the way she sat shotgun and i was sitting in the back, it made me think that she didnt like me. Later that day though she was flirting with me again ( hitting, laughing at my lame jokes). It seems that she doesnt flrit with me unless i start talking to her first. Otherwise its like shes avoiding me.

She strikes me as a bit shy but i dont know if that is the reason why she ignores me sometimes. I can't get my mind off of her. She confuses me. Id really like to date her but i dont want to get shot down. Before Prom she called one of my friends and asked him if i had a girldfriend and stuff and got my number from him. THis makes me think that she lieks me, but this was before prom. Maybe i turned her off at prom? I dont know.

Any advice would be great. Thanks. (PS. sorry if this was really long, but i wanted to explain it all)
    It seems to me that she likes you too. She probably is a little shy. Try asking her out. It doesn't have to be some serious kind of date. Something simple would be nice and see how it goes. If all goes well during the date, let her know how you feel. Good luck!
    Emmy-lou Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2007, 05:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rkb1013
    It seems to me that she likes you too. She probably is a little shy. Try asking her out. It doesn't have to be some serious kind of date. Something simple would be nice and see how it goes. If all goes well during the date, let her know how you feel. Good luck!!

Ooooo good answer I like this one lol
    AandZ4ever Posts: 151, Reputation: 5
    -

Sep 2, 2007, 08:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MArk518
    This is my first post on this site but i read some other posts and everyones seems to me mature and polite so i'll give it a try.

I should start by pointing out that i am a senior in highschool and i have not dated alot. I am not a nerd or anything, i have just been preoccupied and trying to keep my mind set on grades and stuff rather than girls.

A few weeks ago, this girl named Stephanie started talking to me more. I've known her for a long time and we've been friends but have never dated. She is in my Architecture class and she usually sat on the other side of the room but she came to sit by me now. We flirted a little and stuff for a week or so, and then she asked me to go to prom with her. I said yes. At this point i really jsut thought of her as a friend.

Durring prom we had a pretty good time (i did at least, its hard to say what she thought). Seeing as i am not very experienced with dating i didnt kisss her or anything that night but i really started to like her. Now i can't get my mind off of her. The day after prom we went to the beach with a few other friends. On the way she sat shotgun and i was sitting in the back, it made me think that she didnt like me. Later that day though she was flirting with me again ( hitting, laughing at my lame jokes). It seems that she doesnt flrit with me unless i start talking to her first. Otherwise its like shes avoiding me.

She strikes me as a bit shy but i dont know if that is the reason why she ignores me sometimes. I can't get my mind off of her. She confuses me. Id really like to date her but i dont want to get shot down. Before Prom she called one of my friends and asked him if i had a girldfriend and stuff and got my number from him. THis makes me think that she lieks me, but this was before prom. Maybe i turned her off at prom? I dont know.

Any advice would be great. Thanks. (PS. sorry if this was really long, but i wanted to explain it all)
    Okay well I am 15 and have never had any experience. Lol not even somebody asking me out. I have never been to a dance or football game at my high school but I would say give her some space. If its meant to be then let fate take it in.
    Miss lovley Posts: 125, Reputation: 5

Sep 2, 2007, 08:33 PM
    I think she likes you but
    To be more clear
    Ask her on a date.
    And
    Keep your head up
    No matter what her answer is

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

The girl of my dreams turn into the girl of my nightmare [ 6 Answers ]

We where going out for 5 years and it was great the first 2 years. We seen each other everyday and we love every minute of it. Then her mom found we were going out and try to make it bad for both of us. Then her mom put her in jail for stealing a key chain and running away from home when her mom...

American Girl and Confused Indian Guy [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am a 22 year old female who has been seeing a 26 year old man from India for 5 months. He treated me great, spoiled me always, and loved me tons. Recently, he changed out of nowhere. He started to become really insecure, and made sure to point out every flaw possible about me. He used, what I...

Confused girl.. change the world.. spice up [ 17 Answers ]

Hiya my mate (won;t say her name) but she keeps saying she hates life and she needs help to have fun. I didn't know what she meant by it and I thinlk she is really confused at the moment. She says she wants a boyfriend cause she gets real lonely and needs someone to hold and kiss. I thought this...

Confused girl! [ 5 Answers ]

This is going to be kind of lengthy, sorry. I met a guy almost two years ago. He had been married before for about 1 1/2 years. He lived with a girl, got engaged, and then she kicked him out. Three months after he moved out, I came along. We have been dating ever since up until Sunday. We...

Confused about the girl [ 4 Answers ]

I'm living in the dorms up here in college and there's a girl I kind of like who lives on my floor and is always in my room. She's OK to talk to and hang out with but she's kind of weird. She has some attractive qualities, and added with the personality she's all right. I've never had a...

View more questions Search