Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sraveah Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2007, 06:20 AM
    Hair colored (permanent) twice - will the first color applied be back after washes?
    Hi,

I recently went for permanent hair color (streaks) from my natural color black to burgundy.

When the stylist applied the color on my hair, it initially gave a golden brown shade when the hair was washed. Then she applied the color again which resulted in the Red shade.

Finally, I could not get the shade I wanted. So I asked her to completely corect it to get my normal shade back the next day.

She colored the complete hair with very dark brown shade (permanent), but she did not bleach or remove the old color from my hair before she did this.

Now is my hair damaged?
    After several washes, will the old disastrous Red shade come back on my hair or would that be my normal shade or faded dark brown one?

I can still see a very little shade of Red on my hair which only I can make out probably.

I'm really worried and I do not want that Red shade to be back on my hair any more. What should I do?
    MissAdvice Posts: 63, Reputation: 9
    -

May 8, 2007, 07:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sraveah
    Hi,

I recently went for permanent hair color (streaks) from my natural color black to burgundy.

When the stylist applied the color on my hair, it initially gave a golden brown shade when the hair was washed. Then she applied the color again which resulted in the Red shade.

Finally, I could not get the shade i wanted. So i asked her to completely corect it to get my normal shade back the next day.

She colored the complete hair with very dark brown shade (permanent), but she did not bleach or remove the old color from my hair before she did this.

Now is my hair damaged?
    After several washes, will the old disastrous Red shade come back on my hair or would that be my normal shade or faded dark brown one?

I can still see a very little shade of Red on my hair which only I can make out probably.

I'm really worried and I do not want that Red shade to be back on my hair any more. What should I do?
    Im not really sure of what color you are trying to get your hair, but it appears to be black. You will need a permanent color, rather then a rinse. The reason why you still see the red in your hair is because when stripping the hair from dark to light, black has an blue base, therefore when mixed it will give off the wrong tone. If you want to get your hair back to its normal color, it may be a problem. Shampoos, conditioners, can all have an effect or colored hair. If you are trying to dye it black, you will have to add a red rinse into the black die to stablize the color or your hair will turn green. I hope I am understanding you right.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

May 8, 2007, 05:32 PM
    Sraveah, you only apply bleach to your hair if you want to go lighter or blonde. Your hairstylist did the right thing by not bleaching or stripping your hair. If the color he/she used is permanent color, it won't wash out, but it will gradually fade over time. Try not to worry, your hair won't turn red.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Colored hair and it turned too dark with a lot of red [ 2 Answers ]

We need help. My husband had his hair colored and it turned dark brown with a lot of red. How can we lighten the hair and get the red out? Beth

The Result? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi everyone, :) Following everyone's advice to contact my health care provider when I thought I was possibly pregnant with the weird stuff going on with my body (weight gain, red spidery stretch marks, increase in acne, but no morning sickness and turning up negative in home pregnancy tests) ...

Exame result [ 1 Answers ]

How will my exame result be tomorrow?

I recently got my colored my hair to a dark brown [ 3 Answers ]

Well I just recently went to a salon and wanted to color my hair, my hair is naturally a dark blonde/light brown hair color but I had light blonde highlites all over my head and so ia sked my hait stylist if he could dye my hair a light brown so it could be the closest possible hair colour to my...

Orange colored hair [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter got her hair color darkened a few months ago. However, now it is looking very dry and has an orange hue to it. She is a swimmer and had just begun swimming practice daily, so she gets exposed to chlorine everyday. Is there anything we can do for her hair to get that orange cast off...

View more questions Search