Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    redcaper Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

May 7, 2007, 09:24 PM
    Wedding invitations
    Me and my fiancé are getting married next year. My parents are still alive, but both his have already passed away. How do I write out my invitation? Do I leave out his parents names? I really don't want to do that, but I don't know what else to do! PLEASE HELP :confused: :confused: :confused:
    MissAdvice Posts: 63, Reputation: 9
    -

May 7, 2007, 09:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by redcaper
    Me and my fiance are getting married next year. My parents are still alive, but both his have already passed away. How do I write out my invitation? Do I leave out his parents names? I really don't want to do that, but I don't know what else to do! PLEASE HELP :confused: :confused: :confused:
    No you do not leave them out, you say the belated Mr and Mrs
    redcaper Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

May 7, 2007, 10:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MissAdvice
    No you do not leave them out, you say the belated Mr and Mrs
    So I would say "Mr and Mrs Duval along with the belated Mr and Mrs Jergin request your presence at their kids wedding (obvious the last part said differently)?? I don't think that sounds good!
    gypsy456 Posts: 319, Reputation: 48

May 8, 2007, 03:58 PM
    No... that would sound very odd...

One does not mention "belated"

Unfortunately it would be just your parents on the invitation.
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

May 8, 2007, 04:18 PM
    You could put mr. and mrs. brides parents, request the honour of your presence at the marriage of their daughter, bride's name to grooms name, son of the late mr. and mrs. grooms parents. And then the details of when and where.
    CakeLady Posts: 52, Reputation: 6

May 8, 2007, 04:26 PM
    Personal preference dictates here. If you'd like to include the deceased parents' names, you could also use:

"In loving memoriam of Mr. and Mrs. Jergin, Mr. and Mrs. Duval request the honor of your presence at the wedding of their daughter, Miss RedCaper, to Mr. Whatever Duval, on the whatever day of whatever month in whatever church at whatever time..."

If you do not wish to use the proper names of his parents, you can use:

"In loving memory of his parents, Mr. Duval and Miss Red Caper request the honor of your presence at their wedding on the whatever day of whatever month in whatever church at whatever time..."

Hope this helps,
    -CakeLady-
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

May 8, 2007, 05:46 PM
    My parents were in the middle of a divorce and my husband's parents were both on spouses 3 & 4 and we were paying for the wedding ourselves so this is what we came up with.

Happily we two,
    My full maiden name
    And
    His full name
    Have chosen the first day
    Of our life together
    As Saturday, June seventh
    Nineteen hundred and eighty-six

You are invited to share in our joy
    As we exchange marriage vows
    At three o'clock in the afternoon
    Church name
    City, state
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

May 8, 2007, 06:47 PM
    Sorry I misunderstood! I found this on a wedding etiquette forum. In this case the bride's father had passed away, but the poster makes a good point.

Deceased Parent

>>The way you have worded this invitation implies both parents are hosting the event. Since you dad unfortunately cannot be hosting or issuing the invitation please consider rewording.

The special wording for this type of invitation overrides the issue of who is hosting the wedding (as per Emily Post's Etiquette) so:
    We invite you to share with us
    A celebration of love
    When
    Donna Marie

Daughter of Mrs. Bride's Mother and the late Mr. Bride's Father

And
    Ronald Mark White

Son of Mr. and Mrs. Groom's Name

Are joined in marriage
    On Saturday, the eleventh of June
    Two-thousand and five
    At four-thirty in the afternoon
    Sapphire Beach Resort and Marina
    Saint Thomas, Virgin Islands

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Graduation invitations [ 5 Answers ]

My son is graduating from high school. Is it proper to send invitations to people who also have a child graduating at the same time?

Wedding invitations [ 2 Answers ]

What is the proper etiquette and wording when asking for RSVPs via a website and phone number on an invitation. Our invitation is big enough that we can fit all the information without a problem. Can we just say "RSVP on or before the date by visiting name.com/rsvp or 000-000-0000"?

Wedding invitations [ 1 Answers ]

If one parent is deceased and the other is remarried, how should the invitation be written? The bride would like to have her deceased mother on the invitation, but should she include her stepmother on the invitation with her father who is giving/paying for the wedding. Should it be "Mr. John Doe"...

Early invitations... [ 4 Answers ]

Okay, first let me say that our wedding is FAR from traditional. Classy, but all our own. My fiancé and I are having a destination wedding. The guest list consists of 30-32 people, who all happen to be family or part of the bridal party. My initial thought was to send out invitations now. They...

Wedding Invitations [ 3 Answers ]

I have a question about a friend of mine's wedding invitations. She has family from all over the world and is sending invitations to all of them. Knowing that some of them will be unable to attend due lack of time, money, etc... she is going to have a web cam at her wedding. Now does she place...

View more questions Search