Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Snazzzy16 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2007, 05:13 PM
    Does Mederma work on old scars?
    I had a major pimple on my nose several years ago. I picked and bothered it so much that a scar was left. It almost looks like a pimple now, but it won't go away. It is just a small round bump, skin colored. I figured it was a scar, because I messed with it too much. But I was wondering if the new Mederma cream will work on it? Will it flatten it out, or just change the coloring so it doesn't show as much? Anyone used it before? Thanks!
    tjj2320 Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

May 8, 2007, 10:46 AM
    From my experience it didn't work for me. It's suppose to help with stretch marks as well and I've used it for a month no changes
    gorgeouslady Posts: 168, Reputation: 7

May 9, 2007, 06:31 PM
    I had an old scar for over seven years and it was really big.I saw this TV ad for palmers cocoa butter scar serum sold at walmart.I bought it and used it for about 4 months everyday nonstop and the big horrible scar is gone completely.using it for only an month is not going to give you any result.you have to use it continuouly and dedicatedly.I am talking from experience.try palmers cocoa butter scar serum.it really works.

May 9, 2007, 06:34 PM
    I haven't tried mederma so I can't really say how the results will be but the best advice is that if you choose to use mederma,don't expect results in just a month,you will see results in at least two months and after 4 to 5 months,the scar will be completely gone.you just have to be determined to use it everyday!! I mean everyday if you really want to scar to go.
    tjj2320 Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

May 15, 2007, 10:48 AM
    It started to make me peel, is that normal?

May 16, 2007, 10:44 AM
    tjj2320,do you mean the cocoa butter scar serum or the mederma?if it is cocoa butter scar serum you are using right now, I never experienced any peeling from it at all.may be some kind of skin reaction to it I guess but very unlikely because I have very sensitive skin but when I used it for my old scar it was just oily and I had to rub it in real good 2 or 3 times daily with no side effects.I just saw the scar fade away gradually.if you are talking about the mederma,I can't really say.
    ladysodivine Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2009, 08:39 AM

Hey I know stretchmarks and scars can be frustrating.. I got lucky and eneded up with like 2 stretchmarks from my baby but I have a c section scar.. mederma I used and it seemed to dimm the mark.. I don't know if that was my body or the cream.. but I did hear from many many many people that PREFER ON is one of the best things for scars.. it works on old scars.. and helps to dimish the look.. check it out for yourself.. hope this helps!
    paulacomini12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2009, 12:43 PM

Everyone is telling me to use cocoa butter for my scar on my face but I'm thinking that merderma is maybe better to use... but I have no idea which one is going to completely take off the scar! Please help
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

Jul 30, 2009, 12:40 PM

Mederma works pretty well. My sister always uses it on her nose after squezzing out zits and the scars go away in about two weeks or less.
    pharmatech Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2009, 11:51 PM
    Mederma does work in most cases, but it does have a funky odor. I work in a pharmacy and a guy who had neck surgery where the doctor opened up half of his neck used it and now he has no scar.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Scars how to make them go away [ 12 Answers ]

I need help getting my scars to go away it really bothers me a lot

Scars [ 10 Answers ]

Hello, I would like to know from anybody who has any advice on how to reduce scar tissue or even if there is any way that the scars can be removed. I have a close relative that has suffered from depression and as a result has self harmed in the past. The scars are a nasty reminder of the past...

Scars from pneumonia [ 6 Answers ]

My doctor told me I have scar tissue left over from a mild case of pneumonia. Will I have these scars forever or is there anything I can do to make it go away? Will this scar tissue cause problems like making me more likely to getting pneumonia again?

How do scars work? [ 2 Answers ]

Do scars draw up over time? I had a cyst removed from my cheek and the doctor put the scar in front of my ear lobe. I thought that sounded great at the time, as it seemed that it would be hidden in the natural crease in that spot, but when I look now, three weeks after the excision, the scar is...

Scars [ 5 Answers ]

I have some dark scars and I was wondering if any one knew something that might help them fade ?

View more questions Search