Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ex-Parte Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2007, 11:05 PM
    Tripping circuit
    A circuit has been tripping for the last couple of days. It is the circuit in my garage (that also feeds the water sprinkler). For years I had no problem, AND THERE ARE NO NEW ADDITIONAL ITEMS PLUGGED IN THAT CIRCUIT. We have noticed "trip" when the sprinkler goes to "zone 2" of the back yard (after it has finished zone 1).

Question: Any advice on how to solve this matter?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

May 6, 2007, 04:58 AM
    Assuming this is a ground fault breaker, and assuming the sprinkler systems uses solenoid valves, for each zone, there may be a nick in the wire feeding zone 2 or or the coil of the solenoid valve is shorted. You may try swapping valve coils first to see if zone 2 will work with another valve coil. If the tripping persists, then the wire is suspect.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Airconditioners and circuit breakers tripping//urgent\ [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, Im writing from India. I got 4 1.5 tonne carriers split acs installed.carrier 1.5 tonne durakool. BTU per hours 18000.power consumption 1990 watts.eer 9.0. I have a three phase circuit board installed with individual 32 amp mcbs for acs and one single 40 amp elcb on each phase. ...

HE3 Dryer Tripping Circuit [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 3 year old HE3 Kenmore Elite Dryer-Gas. When I attempt to start a cycle it throws the circuit breaker, sometimes immediately other times after a few minutes. If I let it sit for a couple of minutes it will run for a "short" time(pun not intended). I Have moved the electrical source to...

Hot tub circuit breaker tripping [ 1 Answers ]

I have had this hot tub for about 6 years. It has a history of blowing an internal 20 amp fuze. But, lately it runs a little while and then trips the circuit breaker. Any ideas?

Window Air Conditioner & Circuit Tripping [ 7 Answers ]

We installed a window air conditioner two days ago. Unit operated fine with no problems up until yesterday when it began tripping the circuit breaker. The unit is 120V and is the only thing plugged into the circuit (We have unplugged every other single item). The tripping of the circuit happens...

Window mount AC tripping circuit breaker [ 4 Answers ]

Hi All, I have a new air conditioner that is on it's own circuit. The breaker is new and rated at 15 amps. The air conditioner is supposed to use 15 amps at peak. I believe the wire to the outlet is rated at 15 amp. The air conditioner has it's own circuit breaker on the plug which has...

View more questions Search