Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kayte Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2007, 01:53 PM
    My bathroom smells like methane gas
    Please help,
    My bathroom smells like methane gas. :( It just started today but it is very strong and I have no idea what to do. We checked the vent and ran water down the drains. Please if anyone has any advise for me that would be great.
    Kayte
    cnyle Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2007, 03:43 PM
    It could be the wax ring used to seal the commode. Without doing a smoke test, and if you have ran water in every drain in the bath, I would start there. I'm sure there are post here about the process of replacing a wax ring if you are not familiar with doing this.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 5, 2007, 04:15 PM
    There are also links on the bottom of this page to questions that are similar to yours. It could be that there may be some helpful information in them also.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Septic smells in bathroom [ 1 Answers ]

We have intermittent smells in the bathroom sometimes very strong. How can the smells get through the traps. Can It be if the main vent is blocked?

Methane Odor [ 6 Answers ]

Hi. I noticed last week when I did a load of laundry and put the load in the dryer, there is a lingering methane odor. The washing machine is on the same line as the master bath. I noticed yesterday that about 10 minutes after I took a shower, I smelled that same odor, only fainter. I am...

Sewage gas odor in bathroom [ 1 Answers ]

We had a new toilet installed about 2 years ago. It seemed to work okay but made a strange gurgling sound when flushing. This lasted about six months, then went away. Now suddenly we have a sewage smell in that bathroom. The toilet seems to be working fine. What could this be from?

One bathroom sink in house smells like a sewer [ 1 Answers ]

We have a 2 story home, 1 year old, crawl space, no basement. Our main level 1/2 bath is the only bathroom in the house that smells like a sewer when the water in the sink is turned on. I can usually only smell it when the water is running, and it seems to be getting worse over time. We...

Methane Gas in house from Septic [ 2 Answers ]

I recently bought a 5 year old home. The basement has had a bathroom roughed in, including the container for a sewage ejection pump. The problem I am having is there is an odor coming into the house through the as yet unsed connection. As near as I can tell, the discharge line does have a check...

View more questions Search