Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lanier_katherine Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2007, 12:19 PM
    Colored hair and it turned too dark with a lot of red
    We need help.

My husband had his hair colored and it turned dark brown with a lot of red. How can we lighten the hair and get the red out?

Beth
    Rina _4 Posts: 182, Reputation: 19

May 5, 2007, 01:54 PM
    You need to use a color that has ASH in it. Like dark ash brown or light ash brown.
    The ash help tone out the red.

So simply recolor with any ASH based color.
    tawnynkids Posts: 622, Reputation: 111

May 6, 2007, 09:59 PM
    I agree with Nina, just make sure it is a green ash base to counter the red and not violet or blue.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HELP! Brown hair color turned my hair a dark red! [ 31 Answers ]

So my girlfriend helped me color my hair to hide a few gray hairs coming in. Its usually a light to med brown, thought I might go darker. We used Loreal excellence crème ( Medium Brown). It actuall turned my hair into almost a dark redish brown, looks like I have naturally dark red hair! HELP! ...

I turned my pretty blonde hair into a dark brown mess! [ 4 Answers ]

I have (HAD) natuarally golden blonde hair. I wanted to go to a medium brown shade. It came out a little dark on top, but nothing I coulnt deal with, my bottom however, its almost black, dry and dead (needs to be cut), with a greenish tint to it. I absolutely hate it! I went out and bought a...

Help, hair has turned to dark when dying [ 5 Answers ]

Helpppppppp!! I have a dilemma, I dyed my hair last night and was meant to come out dark brown and its turned black!! Ekk Does anyone know anything that I can put on my hair that will make it fade a bit as I have to go to work tomorrow and don't want a ribbing. Shar Xxxxxx

I recently got my colored my hair to a dark brown [ 3 Answers ]

Well I just recently went to a salon and wanted to color my hair, my hair is naturally a dark blonde/light brown hair color but I had light blonde highlites all over my head and so ia sked my hait stylist if he could dye my hair a light brown so it could be the closest possible hair colour to my...

My Hair turned from brown to brassy red! HELP! [ 3 Answers ]

HELP!. my hair turned from dark medium brown to shiny red!. ok here is what happened I wanted my hair a little lighter like light to dark brown so my girlfriend told me to get Born Blonde hair lightner, and it turned my hair BRIGHT ORANGE, so then I put the toner on it which was (dark blonde).. the...

View more questions Search