Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pull_Up_A_Chair Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2007, 10:50 AM
    Colored circles on my TV
    Hi --- I have a Panasonic 36" TV with a problem-

There are rings - just like a bulls-eye - of color that appeared on my TV today. A green solid circle in the middle of the screen with various shades of violet in concentric rings moving out to the edge of the screen - it is really bright and they appeared suddenly...

Do I need to buy a new TV or is there a simple fix?

PK
    San Diego, CA
    Northwind_Dagas Posts: 348, Reputation: 83

May 4, 2007, 11:07 AM
    This may have been caused by a magnet or magnetic field. There are degaussers (they remove the manget charge) that can clear this up.
    Here's one such source:
    DC-13 Color TV and Monitor Degausser

However, a local TV repair shop will likely have one and can either fix it for you or may rent the degaussers to you.
    WTFO Posts: 21, Reputation: 4

May 6, 2007, 03:40 PM
    I agree with Northwind, it sounds like a degaussing issue - and I'd suggest that you have it 'fixed' by a TV shop (or really read some info about the procedure - you can make it worse). Be aware that stereo speakers sitting next to the TV will cause magnetic interference if they are not shielded. Virtually all computer speakers and home-theater speakers have this shielding, but not ordinary stereo system ones.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Colored Contacts [ 1 Answers ]

Hey I'm thinking about getting colored contacts maybe dark green or blue but my skin tone is like a natural tan but a bit darker but I don't want any fake looking contacts that makes it look obvious that it's not my natural eye color. I'm not into copying celebrities but I liked Vanessa William's...

Neon Colored Puppies? [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, so there's this movie from before the 90's (I think). It's animated and there were brightly colored/neon puppies in it and there was something about a key too, but that's about all I can remember. I can't figure it out and it's killing me so any help would be amazing! Thanks!

Brown colored ejaculate [ 2 Answers ]

I am 60 years old. I noticed recently that my ejaculation is brown. What is the reason for that?

Orange colored hair [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter got her hair color darkened a few months ago. However, now it is looking very dry and has an orange hue to it. She is a swimmer and had just begun swimming practice daily, so she gets exposed to chlorine everyday. Is there anything we can do for her hair to get that orange cast off...

Different Colored Filenames [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, this is probably so obvious, and this is definitely something I should know with how much I work on computers... but here it is... In my folders and drives some of the file names are blue, but most are black... Why are my file names suddenly blue? I am running Windows XP Home...

View more questions Search