Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Elak Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2007, 10:37 AM
    Can't get an erection & don't have orgasms should I see a doc?
    I've been having a serious problem maintaining an erection. I can't even get a good hard erection anymore, just a semi hard one and even if I do get one unless I maintain constant stimulation it goes away like a thief in the night. Basically this has made using a condom very difficult and sex with out it not too much fun. I don't even get morning wood anymore. And visual stimulation doesn't seem to work by itself anymore. And even when I can get myself to ejaculate I don’t have an orgasm. I have a sense of relaxation after, but I am missing the quick cycles of muscle contraction in the lower pelvic muscles that give the orgasm such a great feeling. This has just happened in the last 6 months too. 6 months ago I was perfectly fine and sexually happy. I want to have sex, and my sex drive is fine, but this is frustrating the hell out of me. I'm 23, I'm in good health, I don't take any drugs, I work out regularly and I don't know what to do. Should I see a doctor, could there be something more serious going on?
    SHAVED Posts: 275, Reputation: 41

May 4, 2007, 11:31 AM
    At the age of 23 it is really abnormal to have such a situation and I think it could be related to something else. It will be better to see a good doctor who could diagnose your problem as at this age you should not have any errection problem like some guys are getting after the age of 55 and above. Some medicines might create an issue but you says you are really healthy.
    Elak Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2007, 11:47 AM
    Also If I go see a doctor should I just go to a normal doctor, or a sex therepist or urologist...
    Any thoughts?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 4, 2007, 12:16 PM
    You can start with a GP, but a urologist would be your best bet.
    b143_us Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2007, 08:49 PM
    PAXIL MY MAN works like a charm
    kepi Posts: 321, Reputation: 25

May 4, 2007, 08:58 PM
    Paxil is an antidepressant. I don't think this would help. Not only that, but this antidepressant would only worsen his condition.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 4, 2007, 09:05 PM
    I will defend b143, depression can often cause sexual problems, and finding help for the drepression will solve all sorts of problems.
    But only a medical doctor can know for sure.

But there are all sorts of things to help, but get professoinal help,
    kepi Posts: 321, Reputation: 25

May 4, 2007, 10:36 PM
    Well, true, Fr_Chuck. We would need to know more.

Also: if is IS depression, most anti-depressants (such as Paxil) kill your libido.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 5, 2007, 08:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by b143_us
    PAXIL MY MAN works like a charm
    However, Paxil has one of the highest sexual dysfunction side effects of all antidepressants.

Effexor or Wellbutrin work better with less sexual side effects.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Women orgasms [ 7 Answers ]

When I make love to my girlfriend she rarely makes a sound. I ask her if she's about to an she says I already did three times. When I you can hear me next door. She's the third girl I've dated that says she never likes to moan or say anything during lovemaking. If I had a small penis I would say...

Orgasms [ 11 Answers ]

I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for helping me get off. It's never happened, and I'm starting to get a little worried. It's not so much that I'm really concerned about it, it's more that I'm concerned about my boyfriend. I'm worried that he's going to start taking it personally and get...

No orgasms ever [ 11 Answers ]

I cannot have orgasms. I am 25 years old. I have been having sex since 16 and have probably had 2 or 3 orgasms ever. I am a sexual person. I am a horny person, yet never an orgasm. I am now married and very attracted to my husband but still no orgasm. I also can't masturbate. I feel dirty doing...

Types of Orgasms [ 8 Answers ]

I know that a woman can have various or orgasm but I don't know the names of them. Can someone tell me the names of the orgasms that a woman can have?

Girlfriend can't have multiple orgasms [ 6 Answers ]

In the past, I dated a girl for three years who had multiple orgasms frequently so I was familiar with them and how to achieve them. Years later, I am with a girl who just can't seem to have them. She will have one, and then lose her drive, and no matter what I do, whether it's oral or...

View more questions Search