Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    georgew6 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2007, 10:12 PM
    Water is leaking into my refrigerator from someplace
    There is a slow, steady drip coming from the top of the inside of the refrigerator. It is enough to put water on all the shelves. Right now I have bowls inside to catch the water.

Is there anything I can do or should I all an applaiance reprair company?

The refrigerator is about ten years old and never had problems.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 3, 2007, 11:25 PM
    As a lay person in appliance repair who also likes to figure out why something goes wrong with an appliance and then, if I can, fix it myself, the first thing that I would check would be to see if all the seals/rubber around the doors were tight against the body of the refrigerator. It could be defrosting itself because warm air is getting inside?

That would be how I would start the investigation into the problem.

We do have some people on this site who seem to be experts in appliance repair. And, I'm hoping that one of them will notice your post.
    JackT Posts: 260, Reputation: 19

May 4, 2007, 01:21 PM
    You probably have a plugged up drain line. If your freezer is above your refrigerator there will be a drain that runs down to the condenser where the water is evaporated. If it's a frost free, there will be about two or three defrost cycles each day when the compressor shuts of and a defrost heater will come on and melt the ice off you freezer evaporator coil. If the drain is plugged it has no place to go except down into your refrig.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot Water at Refrigerator Water line? [ 60 Answers ]

We recently moved into a 10 year old home and purchased a new refrigerator with a water filter and ice maker, only to find that when we hooked it up to the single water line behind the fridge, it dispenses hot water. I don't think the line has been used before now and was wondering if anyone has...

Surging water pressure & leaking water heater relief valve [ 19 Answers ]

Just recently the pressure of our water in the house surges when we turn a faucet on, and the city water company verified that our pressure in the house when we open a faucet is higher than the pressure in the lines in the street, and after the water runs is at a normal pressure (meaning their...

Frigidaire Refrigerator - Water leaking on top shelf [ 1 Answers ]

I have a model FRT18P5AW2 model Frigidaire top freezer refrigerator. I have been experiencing water dripping on the top shelf. It appears to be coming from the top center of the unit, where there appears to be a diffuser. I checked the drain tup and found it clear of any debris. There is apparently...

GE Gold refrigerator ice maker leaking into the ice tub [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 3 year old GE Gold stacked refrigerator/freezer. The ice maker is leaking into the ice bin. The leak is a slow, constant drip that freezes into an icesicle. Annoying. Any advice would be appreciated ! :confused:

View more questions Search